Retrobike Win @ CyB NPS 5

Thanks for the write up Geoff. Sounds like a good end to a solid season.

Thanks also for the fine way you represented retrobike.co.uk through the year. I'm sure most realise it takes a lot of dedication to even be competetive at the level you ride let alone win things.

Good luck for the remaining races this year and for next season :cool:

Wow well done Geoff, sounds like you should do well at the Bec Hill Climb (saw your name on the entry list) - see you there maybe (I'll be on my non-retro Look & yellow Addiscombe kit).

grand yes im entered, c u there. should b a fun day out. ill also be on a distinctively non retro scott carbon.

rode the otley 2 stage last sat. made a mess of the 1st one - freewheel slipped and gears jumped. also watched dave clarke ride up it in big ring. 3rd in that one. did better on stage 2, just copied clarkie and went for it. 1sec off matt clinton (who i just found out was 6th in hc champs last year) and about 3 off clarke (2nd in hc chimps last year), so 3rd again, but rode quick. Also, from the prize money i worked out it was the equivalent of 610k a year.

I enjoy climbing but HillClimb events are just for sado-masochists!

Good luck this weekend Geoff and Sylvain!

Yesterday during our road clubrun a club-mate told me there was a prize for first mtb at the BEc climb.

As I know I don't stand a chance to do well on a road bike (came half-way down the field of 80 last year) the idea of riding a mtb made its way into my mind during the ride. Then I had THE idea: use the Klein Attitude Moonrise I have half-built and turn it into a climbing machine.

I'd put my fixed rear wheel and slicks and remove everything that's not useful (rear brake/lever) etc. Was getting real excited about this then later in the day found out it was actually the Catford hill climb (same day but haven't entered it and entries are closed) that has a mtb prize. Bit gutted as I was just about to start building.

Anyway I'm still going to do it, for a laugh, might head down there to try if the gear (36*17) is ok for the climb.

This reminds me of the site of a Swiss guy (Mura?) who built Klein mtbs especially for hill climbs. Were crazy light. Can't find it anymore.

Pics to follow!

Latest posts

Back