Bradbury Manitou

manitou916":2e35ze8l said:
scant - That's one of the first three to be imported into the UK, we're talking pre-Sshockwave here. Seeing all 3 of them hanging up in a row was quite a sight let me tell you! I owned one of the others. I probably know the original owner of the one in your pics... unless he was the phantom 3rd purchaser.

It can be yours for sensible offers over £1500 and its in immaculate nick![/i][/b]

:D

sugarcity was the importer going by the seatube decal :)
original owner was paul, who imported titus for a while.
£1500 for a full bike aint so bad I spose given how rare it is. going by the currant klein adroit forks making $1200 I'd guess those mani forks would make waay more than the mani frameset above actually sold for.

Noah, "I'd kill for those forks!!" maybe I should warn sharky pete you're on the way! :LOL: ;)

The Manitou I picked up was from Sshockwave, who also brought them in. The bike was sold by the original owner. He broke the stem, which was fairly typically. He threw away the rigid fork, which is a shame, when he updated to the prototype shock fork. It never came with Manitou hubs since those were used on the frames with the optional wide spacing. The bike I picked up is pretty standard for a Manitou, not asymmetrical, not wide spaced.

There was no standard kit for a Manitou. Everything was an option. I spoke with Doug about a bike in the late 80s and still have the price list and correspondance.

manitou916":vnmecske said:
scant":vnmecske said:
sugarcity was the importer going by the seatube decal :)
Correct :)

original owner was paul, who imported titus for a while.
Now that name does ring a bell. I'm quite sure that's who Tom mentioned.

£1500 for a full bike aint so bad I spose given how rare it is. going by the currant klein adroit forks making $1200 I'd guess those mani forks would make waay more than the mani frameset above actually sold for.
Yeah, it's a fair price. I agree, there's good value in the forks. Would like to know where the Manitou hubs and stem have gone though - all three came with a complete Manitou package.

I was trying to hunt down the article Tom Sellis did For MBUK just before the 1990 Worlds, he said he fell in love first ride...if you have one of these framesets, you're a lucky man

Hmm, all i have is the pictures in my gallery below... :roll:

Rich

manitou916":2h3hfa8f said:
scant":2h3hfa8f said:
Lol. Sshokwave were not importing these in 1988 and they were not the original importer. IIRC they started to import them c1990 when Doug first started to produce suspension forks - there is a "Sshokwave" stickered Manitou bike test in MBUK or Mountain Biker that should confirm this.

its like 4th hand info, wouldnt be surprised at all if theres a few wrong dates in there ;)

Back