Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Hopefully these pics work.
IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

I can't remember T series numbers. The frame looks as normal for a 1996 - 1998 model, with no disc mounts and cable guides on the side of the top tube. Nice frame :)

I guess the main points of mild confusion come from the lack of a cantilever cable stop on the seat-stay bridge like all the other Torus' that I've seen have, smoothed-out welds, and slightly different dropouts. Most dropouts I've seen have a slight bend just below the weld/junction of the seat stays whereas mine are straight. It could be a frame size issue, but I'm not sure.

I've been reading up as much as possible on this forum (thanks for creating such an amazing database!!), and searching the internet for any information.

I'm beyond stoked about the frame. I'm a smaller guy and the titanium flexes perfectly. Now I'm just waiting to get over my cold so I can get out and rally the trails.

bikemeister2000":v5rd3p5w said:
There is no boss on the seat stay mono-spar because we didn't put one on :LOL:

V-brakes were replacing cantis at this time.

good answer, any idea as to the year?

bikemeister2000":317mhjy9 said:
My money would be on 1998 at the earliest as that was the year that Shimano introduced V-Brakes on Deore XT.

There's a few lovely looking RSP titanium bikes turning up at the moment.
However XT V-brakes were actually released towards the end of 1996 which pushes the date back a little.

drystonepaul":1baw30jn said:
bikemeister2000":1baw30jn said:
My money would be on 1998 at the earliest as that was the year that Shimano introduced V-Brakes on Deore XT.

There's a few lovely looking RSP titanium bikes turning up at the moment.
However XT V-brakes were actually released towards the end of 1996 which pushes the date back a little.

Thanks for putting me straight. When you get to my age, one or two years either side is about as close as your going to get, unless you wrote it down somewhere. Now, where did I leave my notepad? :D

Does anyone know about any of the Dyna-Tech components?
I'm building up a dyna-tech and aquired a dyna-tech stem from Ebay, it's alloy, 1" 1/8th threadless, and looks rather "industrial" and rough looking, although it does have "Dyna-Tech" written on it...

I will post up a link to the eBay auction but would like to know if it is genuine dyna-tech stuff? And what other items were dyna-tech branded?

eBay Item number: 10595805767

Back