East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

@ed: how was the old girl...are you a convert? I found the 18 tooth cog yesterday so if you need it beyond this weekend let me know.

@rob: I only read the post at 1pm! Sorry to hear about the technical thing that happened that I don't understand...damn these old bikes ;)

Rob , if you need any help with the frame let me know . Oh and work is having a ride with the Marin and Whyte reps on Thursday . They might bring some of next years bikes with them , Kona didn't bring anything interesting when they were over a couple of weeks ago . It's pretty boring which is why I don't mention them but there's a fairly big crowd doing the 17 and 23 mile loops . Sadly all modern , full suspension and all the gears . Some even come with 30 of them now , imagine that , 30 ruddy gears :LOL: I don't think they like it too much when I pass them on the hills with just the one gear on an old rigid kona .

Rob , if you need any help with the frame let me know .

Thanks Perry, if I find the new bottom bracket doesn't sit happily I'll get in touch. I'm rather hoping that its the threads on the alloy Action Tech cup that have taken the punishment rather than the steel threads in the shell. Ideally I would like to find a drive side Action Tech cup as the titanium axle is still perfect but I'll put a UN54 in for the short term.

hi all back in one piece (unlike poor clockworkgazz who may have a borken arm/shoulder) :shock:

absolutely cracking weekend - Kirroughtree was quite tough and unforgiving, but Ae was tremendous fun.

The Volvo was nice to drive :D

Had about 6 million punctures this morning on the Surly, but the bilke was easily up to the job once sorted. Somehow the cones have loosened themselves in the back wheel though so I hope I can fix before Tues night.

Re bottom bracket - you can get press fit ones but you'll need to get the BB shell chamfered to fit it.

ae = a+e

Confirmed broken humerus for Gazz. The ironic thing is that he'd already done some great jumps etc, and it was only hopping a small tree stump and landing awkwardly that did it about 2 miles from the end :(

I'd love to but it's packing weekend for France and I'd be in trouble!

I also don't have any fully working bicycles at the moment :oops:

I do have a lovely box of Tunnocks treats for us all sent thanks to Velomanic so that's something to look forward to next week!

They will serve as my 2nd birthday treat :cool:

Back