my Klein Attitude REBUILD!!!

Yeeeeeessssss… it's better!
The last owner had no respect for beautifull things… :roll:

Congratulations : you have saved this klein !
I prefer this old forks with "shoulders" 1990-1991…
Perhaps, with the number of the frame (on the chain stay) someone can give you others informations about it…
For the seatpost, take a long enough 27,2mm !

I have saw your reply in my 1990 klein post.

Just for giving you ideas, as seen on the catalog or other kleins… :
For the groupo : 1990-1991 shimano XT II groupo (with thumbshifter ! I hate rapidfire).
If you are a lucky man : campagnolo Euclid, but hard to find, and the problem is : your klein would be heavier.
What is the length of the bottom bracket ?
if it's 124-125 mm, shimano XT or cook bros racing… (for the euclid, you need 134mm !
Go there for all you need to know…there

Seatpost : american classic or shimano XT. Saddle : sella italia Flite
For the wheels : campy rims ?

am going to build it up because I love this type of Klein and off course this colour. This one needs to be restored and treated with care...

For myself I think I need a 20" or 22" Klein size :shock:

Edit: thanks carsten for measuring the size...:)

Martin":q934sv3n said:
Well I have to tell that it is such a shame I will not be able to ride at it. I am a little longer then should be on this bike. I am going to build it up because I love this type of Klein and off course this colour. This one needs to be restored and treated with care...

For myself I need a 20" or 22" Klein size :shock:

that IS a 20" (medium). the only larger one would be the 22" (XL). in my experience the XL only fits really well when you're 190cm or larger but i know some people shorter than 190cm who like it. you're kinda unlucky i your between say 180 and 190cm. the medium too small, the XL too large. that's why they introduced the 21" size in 1993.

Carsten

Martin":1vj0p623 said:
Well I have to tell that it is such a shame I will not be able to ride at it. I am a little longer then should be on this bike. I am going to build it up because I love this type of Klein and off course this colour. This one needs to be restored and treated with care...

For myself I need a 20" or 22" Klein size :shock:

OK, so if you change your mind and wanna part with it... I'm your man :) Been looking for one of these for ages and I'm in holland too ( please please pleaaaasssseeee :twisted: ).

And I have most parts to build it up already too ;-)

Sorry, I couldn't reasist... I went crazy when I read about this since last friday I was scourching marktplaats for an Attitude as well and missed it :-(

I'm sorry Void, When I want to get rid of the bike there is a que-ing row allready only in my own hallway.

I build up this one first and try it, when it's really not going to fit I think i'll keep it.

For now I'm searching for the missing parts (allmost the whole bike) and looking for other Klein's.

Good luck!

So so,there a little progress in "project Attitude". I havent got any pictures yet but the speclist of all parts is complete. Wheels still have to be build, two other parts I'm still waiting for (mailman, it takes toolong).

Foto-ADGHWQIG.jpg

I think it's going to be a nice ride.

You really aren't serious about putting DX hubs onto this bike??!! :shock:

You should at least get some black XT's (M730/M732) or something cool like BullsEye or something... My AlpineStars CroMega has DX hubs :twisted: ;)

The DX hub icw Mavic 217 is just temporarely. The rims were catching serious dust somewhere on the ceiling, the hubs where also available so it was just easy to fix a wheelset for this.

I am looking for some great hubs for the bike (XTII / 732) are seriously expensive on Ebay. I've seen several sets passing by for amazing prices. Maybe it's going to be something exotic or I may find some nice XTII hubs somewhere. And about the rims......it should be Campagnolo Kappa's but I think I'm going to ride a wheelchair earlier then finding a pair of those...

Back