Watch out: abuse of a Klein

cce":2hu7dxtj said:
see, this kind of thing would be exactly what i was after for one of my project ideas.

it's a treklein, so no one is gonna be incensed by painting it non-klein, and it's tatty so it'll be cheap.

i'd have it white, with a black, straight-legged rigid fork black stem and flat bar. black everything, down to the spokes, running single-speed, 40:13 with slicks. black klein decals, with white "klein" down the forks.

yup, those are great riders and can be had relatively cheap. same geo as the Pulse/Attitude/Adroit of that time and thus they ride just as nice. the original paint is crap but who cares.

carsten

I'm with Carsten on this one. Actually when it comes to Kleins, I usually not only agree with, but defer, to Carsten.

Hey, it's beat up, who cares. If a steel bike I would be concerned but it's not. It's Al, so corrosion isn't an issue. There don't appear to be any serious structural issues either. Strip it, repaint it, you'd have a beauty that would ride like a demon. Sure it's a shame it's been treated poorly in the past but it doesn't always have to be that way.

I'm a little disappointed in this thread. I was expecting to see a picture with a Klein that is TRULY horrifying like...

speed.JPG

Come on, surely that bike is worth saving? I know it's only a Pulse, but assuming it's sound, there's a lot worse frames than that on the planet, and with happy owners too. Dunno what I'd offer you for it if it was the right size and if I had room for it and if etc, but surely you can't seriously say you'd throw that frame away if it was yours?

Anthony,

I would never trow it away. I am not good at trowing things away.

I probably would give it to someone who would be happy with it. Restoring requires money and time. Would spent that on something I like more and I would really enjoy the outcome from. So much nice around.

its a klein its worth saving i,ve just started mine how can i put this i had 2 mini,s one was a 67 morris cooper 1430 half race engine jack knight fully kitted. the other was a 78 1275 gt same spec but no one ratted the GT COS it didnt have the cooper badge

kleinp.jpg

exbiker":30kjoubz said:
Who cares what it looks like its a klein, build it, ride it, enjoy it :cool:

You're so right mate; it ain't broke, just tired..

pinguwin":i8ysxzk9 said:
I'm a little disappointed in this thread. I was expecting to see a picture with a Klein that is TRULY horrifying like...

speed.JPG

Pinguwin - if i were a Mod here (which I'm not) you'd get a yellow card for that offence! :LOL: :LOL:

no more tights pictures please.

Back