29ers

But they have to have some short comings since they ride so well :roll:

and I'll qualify my statement by adding the prefix "retro" aesthetics

I'll agree they are an acquired taste. As an aside and in no way directed at anyone here, there always seems to be a bizzare cohabitation between aesthetics and ride. We seem to apprecite a bike that looks good but don't question if it rides nice but we also have a thing with people who don't ride their bikes, also if a bike rides good but looks shite well thats not too good either. to summarise.

Looks good, rides??? :D
Looks good , kept in a garage :evil:
Looks shit, rides great :evil:
Looks good, rides great :roll: well you would say that wouldn't you
Looks shit, rides shit :D retro cool

that is the basis of another thread, plenty of meat in there.

I have everything on your list bar the last one- so no retro cool for me :cry:

.......and my thoughts are that all bikes are cool no matter what they ride like or what you do with them. I just like the look of some more than others.

Why is looks shit, rides shit retro cool :?
Your on the wrong site with that attitude Kaiser my boy :roll:

It has to ride right from the riders perspective otherwise whats the point !

Also to be cool it must look right although this is subjective.

As for my perceptions of 29er aesthetics, thats all they are, mine and thus I dont want one despite supposed better ride. I'll admit the aethetics of some of my 26er gates is not good, the Falcon was particularly bad and the Nishiki is not right either but the Hardrock and both Raleighs seem right to me :roll:

Now I'm trying to decide where to ride this weekend since Peaks is 250 miles too far and Ardgay is also 250 miles too far. Think I might try the Criblaw trail in Craik Forest by Hawick which of course means it'll be a biblical downpour by the weekend :LOL:

Back