Formula 1 Mountain Bike

I can remember visting the F1 factory near Leatherhead years ago. My friend has a pair of their forks on his Dogs Bolx trials bike ( One off built by Adam who worked at Chas Roberts ). The steerer had come loose so it was refited and bolted through the crown. The factory was incredible. I am in to my cars as well and there was bits of McLaren F1 road car (Harrods Racing Team) lying about the place. I remember seeing a front splitter off a car that was smashed to pieces, turns out they repair most things as that item alone was £10k.

Anyway nice bike. Jamie Tatlow rode one, may even be in the Totaly Wild video but havent seen it in years.

yep i remember seeing the harrods car at the warehouse too, along with the west racing (forget exact name now). also saw them race at le mans years back now. good times and memories. thanks for sharing!

marin man":28l9xef5 said:
I am in utter shock and disbeleif :shock: they did an fs :shock: I am speechless :shock: :shock: :shock:

Deb Murrell used to race for F1 in both XC and DH. She rode their FS bike in the DH.

Both her and the bikes were tiny :LOL:

I did have the MBUK when they did their 'Works Bikes' feature on them both back in 94ish.

4948481292_9b451c96b1_z.jpg

Best looking bike on here mate in my eyes if you pull it off
i wish F1 bikes would come back with a new range as almost all the top race bikes today are carbon they did a good job then and would do now :cool:

gtturbo":5bu4asvn said:
Anyway nice bike. Jamie Tatlow rode one, may even be in the Totaly Wild video but havent seen it in years.

Yes mate, totally wild, that was an awesome video...think it was set about 1991/92 as Dave Hemming was still in his MBUK kit.

Surprised Tatlow didn't break that F1 frameset with some of the stunts he was pulling off on it :)

A testament to their build quality eh?

Rich

Back