SKYE: 30th April - 1st May ?

I would definitely go for this one.I worked on the Island for 8 months, many moons ago and havent been back since.
It would be nice to pay a return visit :cool:

Remind me in 10 months :LOL: :LOL:

Methinks when details for this trip are finalised it should be nationally advertised, not just in MacRetroland. We must counter the insular arguments that have been levelled against us.

Further, when the 2011 national events calendar is worked out, do not have this clashing with another event as the C2C is with the Peaks Meet. There is a bit of disgruntlement about that with some AEC's but there have been other organisational howlers this year to so its not unique to us.

Other than that, sounds a good idea ;)

Why velo? Any future dates should be to suit the people going ( like the ctc) not a national events calander- if people are upset then they really should get out more.

If it is nationally advertised I think that will be enough, the few that come up from down south are unlikely to impact the attendance of an event down there.
Skye is so far north it will take me almost 5 hours to get there from dundee so even coming from Carlisle is 6 and a half hours... and it won't be 6 hours on a 3 lane motorway.
There might be a couple of dedicated riders, but not lots, we might want to avoid some events simply because we want to attend them. So lets avoid next years OWMTB in case I win the lottery ...or get a divorce :)

A combination of both is probably called for. Once the national calendar is set we can work around it and that is work around any events we might want to go to. So for instance if the skye trip coincides with mayhem say I don't think it will be too much of an upset. I'd like to think that if anyone wanted to come to this we'd do as we always do and accomodate them too which might meet a date adjustment.

Sorry for being my usual charming self, weekend with the family does that to you! Since I don't really do any of the organizing I'll shut up, think you said it once velo "like trying to herd cats"

prrrrrrrrr prrrrrrrr.

I am going to try and get a commitment from the wife for this one the now, rather than have to wait and trust to the fickle wim of fate and brownie point accumulation.

Combing with a family hols a good un gazz. Could put it forward for the May school holidays?

The may day bank holiday might be ok - Monday 2nd May 2011 - But the end of may school holidays 27th to 30th would mean I can't make it - we do Blair Atholl that weekend with about 10 other families.

The bunkhouse mentioned contains several smaller rooms which could be used for families if that helps, maybe ;) Also campsite and hotel within a stones throw. Just a suggestion mind - there's heaps o' accommodation on Skye.

Re timing - having been there sevral times in recent years - I'd suggest May/June as better weatherwise, and less midges than say July/August.

Back