Modern GT aggressor build

sam264

Retro Guru
I know how you guys like your triple-triangle GT frames, so here's my modern one for you guys to have a look at. It's only a cheap thing (ish), but I built it from the frame up from some parts i had lying around and some new bits for a minimal outlay (£260 on new bits, frame, front brake, headset, forks) and I'm rather happy with it (also note the semi-retro XT rear mech ;) ).

The frame is an Aggressor Elite by the way. I think you'll find it rather tasteful, the frame is gorgeous in person, it's a sort of pearl white colour, really nice, and an absolute bargain to boot.

pics:

p4pb5499210.jpg

p4pb5499213.jpg

p4pb5499219.jpg

p4pb5499230.jpg

p4pb5499233.jpg

p4pb5499236.jpg

Cheers, there aren't many GT hardtail frames I've liked. This is most definitely one of them! Bit odd riding a hardtail after so long on FS though!

Really good looking bike.
Intrigued on how it rides though, it appears to have a very high front end.

What travel are those Tora's packing?

Very nice looking build.

'scuse my ignorance, but what's the mechanism at the front where the front mech normaly goes?

irontam":1nbwfkfu said:
'scuse my ignorance, but what's the mechanism at the front where the front mech normaly goes?

chain guide ;)
im wondering are you planning on getting another crispy white wheel up front or a nother black at back?

superstu":3uanqf1y said:
Really good looking bike.
Intrigued on how it rides though, it appears to have a very high front end.

What travel are those Tora's packing?
It's not too bad, i quite like a slacker head angle, it's a little steeper than my commencal, which is 68deg. It's not too much of a pig on the slower stuff, but it's nice on the downs, though not as nice as my commencal

The toras are 130mm, the aggressor is a long travel frame, the elite came stock with either a 140mm rockshox rev or a 140mm fox fork, the lower models usually come with 120mm forks.

coomber":3uanqf1y said:
Looks good but a bit hot-rod esque. Can the frame take that much travel?
Aye, the aggressor is a long travel frame, 120-140mm

irontam":3uanqf1y said:
Very nice looking build.

Yep chain guide, I never use the granny ring and i never use the big ring except for big road descents, installed the chain guide just because it's less hassle/maintenance than a front mech.

Back