1986 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer **updated pics**

Tazio":d4oo0mro said:
Love the colours.

And amazing how thin the stays look. Maybe it's just because I only have aluminium frames and it's what I'm used to?

no, they're as thin as they look, but strong as well. I prefer this wtr over the monostay wtrs. Chris, you're going to have to compare and contrast the difference between the two one day.

Nice bike! I knew Jeff Lindsay in '76 to '78 when I rode bikes and went to college in Chico, California. He was building road frames then. If I recall correctly (not always a certain thing with passing years and passing beers), he also created beautiful blown glass objects at Cohasset Glass.

Here's some pics of the bike at the owmtbc last weekend.

Obviously for the concours event there were 730 flats fitted, plus these shots were after the ride ;)

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

Beautiful bike Chris. It was a pleasure to see it and have a quick spin at the OWMTBC.
Definitely a worthy winner of the concours judging.

drystonepaul":tz01415k said:
Beautiful bike Chris. It was a pleasure to see it and have a quick spin at the OWMTBC.
Definitely a worthy winner of the concours judging.

It won a contest; very cool :cool:

another cool bit about this bike. The fork has the same serial number as the frame, both made by Mountain Goat, and meant for each other, just in case people thought only the paint matched ;)

Back