• Google+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Help Required please

Hi I'm Nick and found site via a search for "Scott Yecora". Just been given a Scott Yecora - Metalic Purple Sports Series MTB thats in excellent condition, 24 speed, Shimano, Scott AT2 handlebars, two sets of new tyres (one road set) with view to doing the coast to coast ride with my son EVENTUALLY. Not been out in a long time but keen to do so again, out of date re technical side and know nothing about when the bike would have been manufactured and best way to go about servicing/replacing various parts.

The only knocks are the handlebars need new grips as tatty/perished foam any suggestions please???? had original scott grips ?? and some tiny touch ups on frame. Have taken all the bits off and given them a good degrease, clean and brush. Cables/brakes look fine.

Seat has persished and again any advice on a seat more comfortable the better as I'm 6'2" and 15stone... Not doing anything daft on bike too old for that, just a bit of pleasure / fitness riding.

Thanks again for any info/advice that can be given. @I'm not to proud to say all advice welcome. Frame is a 17.5 inch but suprisingly comfortable to ride for my height.

Cheers Nick.

:?:

Hi all,
I found this site while browsing for advice on how to refurbish my 1990 Marin Eldridge.
This is a fantastic site packed with good info and pics.
This is also my first ever renovation and I am still after help on getting the right paint and decals- all offers of help welcome. Cheers.

Evening folks, my regular ride is a Giant XTC Team NRS 2000 with some modern bits on it. I'm also in the process of building myself a clunker rep with an alloy cruiser frame (with XC geometry and dropouts) that was my previous daily hack. Nearly finished stripping the frame and the gathering of parts has begun in earnest.

I'll post some pics of the Giant in the appropriate thread.

Cheers, Kerrin.

Not strictly a 'newbie' but spend most of my time restoring road bikes so am a regular on that side of the forum. But just bought a 97' Marin Hawk Hill off this site and after a day up on the hills I am hooked!
Have said before what an ace site this is although should come with a health warning and free marriage counciling... :LOL:

Here's the new love of my life enjoying the South Downs!

009-3.jpg

Hi All,

I found this forum after talking to a chap called Matt in the pub on Saturday.

I used to ride some but not very seriously. The only bike I have left is this '92 (I think) Trek 970, I know there's not a lot of love for Trek so I may have to find another project.

I bought this off a guy years ago, he bought it new after he lost his license for drink driving and then promptly never used it. His loss my gain.

I dug it of my parents garage at the weekend and here begins the first project.

Cheers,

Mark

Attachments

• Picture 004 (Small).jpg
    Picture 004 (Small).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2,104
Hello All

Hi All

I found my way onto the site whilst searching for original specs for my '91 Stumpy Team with a vague thought of getting it back in shape. I've posted it's life story and a pic in the MTB chat section before finding this sticky - apologies !

So, fleet is:

'91 Stumpy Team - about to be restored / recommissioned
2000 or so Specialized Enduro Pro frame, Duke SL's Hope Discs and 2003 Epic finishing kit

Cheers all
Simon

stumbled on this site, while looking for some decals. Just wanted to join to say nice site. I'm riding a Cannondale 1fg, a Battaglin old racer with a single speed set up and my oldest bike a Giant Cadex I bought the frame back in '91 and its still just about rolling along.

hi all

Hi Guys,

posting by way of introduction, recently found this wonderful site

i returned to cycling earlier this year after a considerable lay off, hoping to get a bit fitter. i started off a road club cyclist racing in the 80's, and end up on the mountian bike early 90's after have one too many, bonet, windscreen and over the roof experiences with those damn cars.

Still got my old avalance from 92 and just bought an old zaskar frame,
the bike I wanted all those years ago.

to be honest I'm new to the whole forum thing so pls feel free to point out the error of my ways.

look forward to learning from and contributing to the site

cheers
g

Hi guys,

not completely new here, but hardly any posting. I signed up somewhere last year when I bought a Dogsbolx on here from ededwards.

Wheels are spare ones. Hope Tihubs are being build up with DT ceramics. And, yeah I know I over-greased the chain :?

I have been into MTBs since 1988. Started of on a Giant, had a few GTs and a Koga. Work and other bad habits kept me away from bikes for a couple of years, but in March this year during a MTB weekend in Belgium with some friends (Roy aka yo-eddy and some others) reality hit hard. The guys I rode with in my teens were quickly disappearing from view while my lungs were hanging over the handlebars, my legs crumbled and I generally felt pretty f*kced up. Decided then and there that something had to change.

So, fast forward half a year or so, kicked the smoking habit, ride the Roberts 3 to 5 times a week on some very challenging XC tracks, feeling super fit, and getting faster and faster (I just loooove over-taking fullies in the downhill, especially when the rider wears full body armour :twisted: ) and got my sights set on doing my previous home track Schoorl (the 2009 OWMTBC venue) in under 40 minutes (44 right now).

Roberts changed my life :LOL:

My compliments on the site: truly amazing to see that there are so many like-minded folks out there! Just one drawback though: too many nice bikes 'n bits available! Just bought a Pace RC30 for the Roberts, and reached a deal yesterday on here for a Pace RC200. Finished a 29-er build 2 weeks ago, so the obvious question that arises is: how do you keep the missus from complaining and your marriage viable?! Any tips?

Cheers, Giel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back