Need to get a grip...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Well, if it makes you feel better I just catalogued my 22 spare chainrings - no, 24, there're two by the keyboard :oops: - plus two in the post, 26 but I still don't have the 32/4t 110 bcd single ring I need for today's build... :x

Sithlord":2noojwrd said:
I think you need to buy some more then..... just in case you wear them out... obviously.. :LOL: :LOL:

It would take a fitter man than me to wear all these out... :oops:

Sithlord":1jlyf9oy said:
Your entitled to you opionion fella, :) some people like them some people dont.. most of the time people dont really give them long enough, you need to adapt to using them, I used to think they were pants too , but after you give them some time and have changed the way you shift then they are ace..

indeedy - I had them on one bike back in mid 90s but found they would tear my gloves apart so got rid. :twisted:

I can see they have advantage in having few parts but still won't go back to them ;)

yo-eddy":35iwxwiz said:
didn't spot these yet.........first generation (correct me if I'm wrong)
gripshift.jpg

I believe so (in MTB as there where road varieties before).
I had some, I don't remember the barrel adjusters though, but there was two flaws and one annoyance, the grip didn't last long and the large diameter means you cannot really use it as the grip (like you can with SRT500 etc..) and you really needed to use 4 finger brake lever with them.

You could however put them on barends, drop bars etc or any other sticking out part they would fit on as it's easy to grab and turn not having the 'shoulder' modern ones have.

:cool: :cool: well these have been added to the collection :) thanks roy ;) , so will be interested to have a good look at them, been after some for a while, iirc this type was quite popular with tri-atheletes :? , I'll never use them, but another essential part of the development of what we have today , very :cool: in my opinion ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back