bonty racelite price?

mongbike

Retro Newbie
got an old medium bonty racelite that im thinking of maybe selling, judy xc forks, old xt, etc. basically its a 95% original complete racelite bike (ie components are very tired!) but the frame is still in top nick. anyways.... any of you guys got any idea of how much it may be worth? dont really want to part with the old dear, but if the price is right?

cheers yall!

Well Heck.....um Mate.
A race lite is a great old bike but not super rare. If it was
NOS (new old stock) it would be worth £300.
If it is in good nick and has an unusual original paint job then the frame
would be worth £100-£200. Oddly breaking an old bike and selling the parts fetches more.

What you SHOULD do is get into the scene and rebuild the bike like the rest of us are doing. You will get a hell of alot more out of it than selling
the old girl for a hundred and fifty squids.
Here is my project:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11481

cheers folks, thaks for taking the time to reply, appreciate the input!

decision made to keep hold of it, cos to be honest its worth more than that to me if only as a piece of mountain biking history and all the good memories that go with it! may even take your advice and bring it out of retirement when cash allows...

thanks again!

lid, been having a scout around and checked out that bike of yours. its proper! i bow down to your level of dedication! i think you people on here may have actually shamed me into sorting mine out rather than pensioning it off...!

mongbike":1xeuh2m8 said:
i think you people on here may have actually shamed me into sorting mine out rather than pensioning it off...!

its the way forward (some wives/girlfriends would say otherwise). All you need to do now is head to the 'For Sale' forum and fix your bike up, post some pictures in Readers Bikes and then go to 'Rides, Meets, Races etc' forum and arrange to get out again!

Actually, I'll save you loads of effort, heartache and rows with the missus about spending too much time on ebay or in the shed and give you £100 for it :LOL:

Back