Hei Hei King Kahuna

yeah the frames were corrected i think - the 97 catalouge shows a 100mm bomber z1 on the bike anyway...
the seat is too low in those pics though - il put it up next time i take some :)

Nice Schwinn!

Is it a Straight 8 or Four Banger? would love to find a Four Banger with metalflake paint.....and no cracks ;)

Cheers
Stu

The schwinn is a straight 8 - gonna get a well deserved recon soon - i have a brand new easton elite front triangle NOS i picked up on ebay for a tenner!! :) i will put some more pics up of that soon too if anyone is interested?

dom_k":3b4yvmi7 said:
yeah the frames were corrected i think - the 97 catalouge shows a 100mm bomber z1 on the bike anyway...
the seat is too low in those pics though - il put it up next time i take some :)

the '99s were spec'd with a marz superfly (claimed 70mm, widely reported as ~60mm). i can't believe the 97s had longer forks. did 100mm XC forks even exist in 97?

i can say with some certainty that a 99 gets quite cruiser-like with 115mm of travel. i *always* run my reba u-turn at minimum length (85mm), and i still wish it were a touch shorter.

$0.02

the orange z1 afaik were always 100mm travel fork? here is the 97 catalouge pic....

Attachments

• KONA HEI HEI (Small).jpg
    KONA HEI HEI (Small).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2,447
dookie":j0rcs14x said:
dom_k":j0rcs14x said:

the '99s were spec'd with a marz superfly (claimed 70mm, widely reported as ~60mm). i can't believe the 97s had longer forks. did 100mm XC forks even exist in 97?

i can say with some certainty that a 99 gets quite cruiser-like with 115mm of travel. i *always* run my reba u-turn at minimum length (85mm), and i still wish it were a touch shorter.

$0.02

Fork wise the 97 was speced with the 100mm Z1 but could also be had with the 65mm Z2.

98 the standard fork became the 65mm Z2 BAM - I assume the DH Z1 was considered to long for most at the time which is maybe a reason why you hardly ever see one fitted.

99 the 65mm superfly was standard on the KK and the Z2 BAM for the Hei Hei.

00 the King Kahuna was speced with a SID.

Personally I find the Z1 on my 97 suites the frame much better than the shorter Z2 (tried a 99 Superfly) which I found was just a tad too short, and made the front tuck under badly.

Also worth noting that the 80mm Z2 Marzocchi forks weren't released until the 2000 model year. The Z2 prior to that were always officially 65mm according to Marzocchi.

Back