Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Diablo

haribo":1el7h6r4 said:
Many thanks the info. Will probably leave it rigid but may get some sus forks to keep aside. Any disturbing issues with the U.G.L.I ti forks?

I'm guessing the whole groupset (inc. pedals) are original so seems like a '94. I also saw an advert from '94 earlier in this thread and the red 'Diablo LX' decal matches what remained on my bike.

Think I'm going peel off the rest of the plastic covering on the ti tubes and bust out the scotchbrite if needed.

Any idea what the post dia would be on this frame, can't see any markings on the post on it.

Here's a pic after my first spin to work this morning.

I've just picked up one of these. It has the original LX cs, Dynatech Stem, and UGLIs, but the rest is replacement stuff.

XT thumbies, Campag Centaur Brake Levers!!, manky wheels, WTB SST saddle, and Marin Lite Bar. Suntour rear mech, and XT fr mech.

The plastic coating is in poor nic on the down and top tubes. I'll sort some picks soon.

The one off ebay that ended recently? Thought it went for a pretty decent price for the whole bike. Good luck with getting that coating off, gonna take it all off the top/down tubes?

haribo":1ifhw3zg said:
The one off ebay that ended recently? Thought it went for a pretty decent price for the whole bike. Good luck with getting that coating off, gonna take it all off the top/down tubes?

That was the one. I was able to pick it up, so cut down on cost.

I'll take all the plastic off and Scotchbrite the tubes.

No dings on the frame at all.

Dyna-Tech Diablo

A few pics of my Diablo here. Pretty good condition. Peeling coating shown, as are the Campag levers.

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,693
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 2,693
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,693
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 2,693

Ogre XT":2wm7f710 said:
What year is she from. the forks look like the're off a Grifter from the early 80's.

'94 Diablo LX. Contemporary shots show that UGLI Ti fork with the bike.

Snap, just like mine. Any other plans for it other than taking the coating off?

Catalogue shot here:

Attachments

• Diablo1.jpg
    Diablo1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 2,619
Back