random retro street spots

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
every so often i see something being ridden on the street and wonder i f the owner realises just exactly how unique what they have is

today's spot was a Kirk Precision - i thought they'd all broke years ago

Saw someone on a Yeti Ultimate the other day - had they been taller, I'd have driven after them and chatted but it was too small for me!

actually, that reminds me, i still to this day regret not asking the old old man i saw with an explosif frame built with cheap bits (6-speed tourney...) if he wanted rid.

dragging this back up cos i spotted a forlorn looking team marin on retro manitous with collapsed elastomers, sportign tourney derailleurs chained to a post in cheltenham yesterday.

my girlfriend says i'm a sad man. - i still managed to drag her into a discussion about how such bikes end up as fallen stars though

cce":1py8pt0c said:
my girlfriend says i'm a sad man. - i still managed to drag her into a discussion about how such bikes end up as fallen stars though

Thats clever way of changing the subject :LOL: But you are right

Saw an old proflex on top of kingley vale the other day.
A mate of mine bought a 94 explosif at an auction by accident thinking it would make a nice cheap bike for his wife til he realized what it actually was (all the bits on it where cheap tat).
went into the village the other day and a full suspension manitou went past(could have been a marin i guess but had the manitou rear end)

my theory on it, is that a lot of stolen mountain bikes first home is with kids who want top kit but cant pay for it, and hence buy pinched ones (a lot of my fellow teenagers i encountered on rides back in the day had a rep for buying nicked kit) they lose interest when they get to 17 and cars come into play, and the bike gets passed on for not very much to the first person to come along...

Back