Cotic Soul

callookuk":l3ahgajr said:
hmm - I have a stand over of about 28" - I am a right short arse!

Always lusted after a Rocky Mountain Blizzard back in the day, remember one in white with all the black shiny syncros kit - was my dream bike when I bought my Aluminium O from Freetown in Hull LOL

19.5" too large sadly :(

I managed to Bag a RM Blizzard not long ago from a member on here...definately one nice bike to ride I can tell you, great in the singletrack :D . New RPP is pretty full on though now (over £800) but I think there are a few shops still selling older 2008/2009 ones though for around £350/400. Not sure what year it was but they did a lovely blue to white fade

callookuk":1a3i2inm said:
Hey chaps,

Seriously looking at saving my pennies for a modern, steel HT.

Quite taken by the Cotic Soul.

So, let me know your thoughts, possible alternatives, and some Cotic Soul build pics :)

I think I would end up with the small 16", am 5'8" and 28" inside leg.

I am going to keep my eyes peeled for a nice 2nd hander.

Apologies for modern content, loving browsing the retro rides, and reminiscing of days gone, but I really would like a simple modern steel HT that takes disks, isn't built like a tank and will last me a very long time!

Cheers,

Steve

Hey Bud this any good :shock: , i know you mentioned a small..if not good luck with the search :)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COTIC-SOUL-Frame- ... 4aa2004611

Ernie ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Pace RC104 XC

Chaps,

just saw that Chain Reaction are doing the Pace RC104 XC for £456 - and I can get 10% off with a paypal voucher.

Worth considering?

They have none in stock, but assume they are special order.

Anyone seen or heard anything about them?

They are very pretty and a bit different!

Cheers,

Steve

Looks alright and reasonably competitive price wise. Not heard much about how they actually ride/perform though.

Just spoke to a nice lady at Pace.

The frame is so new, there are no magasine reviews.

It is a lovely looking frame, but she told me the weight was 2.35kg, which I think is 5.18lbs - seems proper heavy! must be all that fillet brazing and the sliding rear dropouts?!

Not sure what market they are aiming for at that weight!

It is pretty though! ;)

Sliding drops are a tad poop, don't look that nice either.

I think the Cotic is the most versatile as it'll take a short (100mm) XC fork as well as something a bit longer to make it more burly.

I think now the only decision left is orange or black ;)

appreciate the input fellas!

Shame the Rock Lobster Ti Frame for sale is a 19" - might have put that one in the bag!

:LOL:

Re: Pace RC104 XC

callookuk":l22aepmr said:
Chaps,

just saw that Chain Reaction are doing the Pace RC104 XC for £456 - and I can get 10% off with a paypal voucher.

Worth considering?

This was my "other" option if I didn't get a Soul.

Had a play with a built up one and it is a wonderful looking frame.

But compared with the Soul it is more XC as it is designed for a 100mm fork.

Pace sent me a catalog which had a load of details in about the frame.

Personally I would hold out for a Soul.

I have been so happy with mine to the point that I am sure it is the best riding bike I have owned. :shock:

I am also looking for a small for the wife ;)

Back