Cotic Soul

graham1975":1ckrian7 said:
Thing is you are never going to find a LIGHT steel frame, they are all about 5LB

i have three steel frames that are much lighter than that (around 4) so light steel frames do exist...

Not any more, new CEN safety standards have put 4lbs steel hardtails to rest. Most have gained about half a pound to meet the new standard. I was speaking with Bobby at Salsa about this a few weeks ago.
Cheers,
Chaser.

yeah I have,

I like the look of the Handjob, but do like the UK heritage involved in the design of the Soul.

Did see some frames on ebay for £330 though - but my heart is saying wait until you have the funds for a Soul.

There is something about it!

I have had a soul and a handjob, the cove was a lot more sluggish and dead feeling, the cotic however is a joy, just a real joy to ride. I have had eleventy hard tails in all materials over the years except carbon thats just wrong, and the only way i see to go past the soul is to go Ti and then you are into silly money :-( not that i wouldn't buy a ti one tomorrow as long as the wife wouldn't find out :)

i also had a SC chameleon which was really fast and fun but no good for longer than 1.5 hr rides.

hope thats helpful

that's what I thought from all the reading I have done!

right, decision made, a Soul it is.

Who wants to buy an Ernie Ball Music Man Luke guitar ;)

hmmm . . . what else can I sell!!

Cheers guys, you have all been very helpful.

Although i do have a nice Rocky Mountain Blizzard in 853 around 94 i guess. Its got disc tabs and v mounts if you are interested ... size 19.5 :)

hmm - I have a stand over of about 28" - I am a right short arse!

Always lusted after a Rocky Mountain Blizzard back in the day, remember one in white with all the black shiny syncros kit - was my dream bike when I bought my Aluminium O from Freetown in Hull LOL

19.5" too large sadly :(

Latest posts

Back