Campag or shimano???

2 Answers to this in terms of the debate Campagnolo everyoe time, though I started life on Shimao 105 as I could not afford Campagnolo Athena or Chorus on my first proper bike.

With this build though if doing it as per a period replica bike as John says they rode on Shimano Dura Ace

Either way lovely frame BTW :cool:

John-- the frame has been used, previous owner JMOSER....

Lemond Fan-- I've decided on doing the polti replica build

Brilliant another team bike replica build, nice to see. Team replica builds would make for a good r BOTM comp one month ;)

I have found this forum really good for views and advice, with mine my head would have said put the Campanolo Carbon 06 on my Lemond 1991 replica, but my heart and peoples input from retro bike convinced me to put the time and effort in for a replica build in period Campagnolo C Record parts.

Its worth the many hours of searching as you will end up with a fab bike, remember to finish it off with the Santini Polti team kit as well. Not sure how much retro Shimano is hopefully more competitive than Campanolo equivalent that still seams to be going through the roof on ebay.

hamster":ctadlup9 said:
:shock:
Fishing Tackle on an Italian bike? :shock:

It's the difference between a Honda NSX and a Ferrari.

Efficiency? Cutting edge technology? :eek:

Bearing in mind that the TdF has been won tens of times on Campag and only IIRC 8 on Shimano I think that the jury is out on that one...

BTW does anyone think that it's actually a good idea to have electrically shifted mechs? :shock:

It just strikes me as technology for technology's sake.

On a bike I want to work day in day out. Shimano

For a pretty thing to enjoy for the sake of it?

Campagnolo.

Electric mechs. Pointless, the bowden cable is one of the finest inventions man has ever devised.

However if I could find a nice 635 or 753 Peugeot or a nice '90's Vitus then mavic would be the order of the day. :cool:

Back