Rocky Mtn Oxygen Race + Syncros 1998 - value?

Peter_Mtb

Dirt Disciple
I got a 1998 RM Oxygen Race frame (18.5", 1800 gr) here, with Syncros seatpost to it. Both have seen their share of riding in Austria and the Andes. The frame took beatings from chainsuck.
I am trying to get together some money to tune my regular bike, selling whatever I can, and was wondering how much this frame + post is worth. I doubt a lot, at least the value will hardly make it worthwhile selling this piece of memory (my first real bike).
Still, it only hangs around here. So - value?

I could throw in a 2003 XT front derailleur, 1998 LX bottom bracket, Ritchey 1998 pedals, and a Marathon S fork (with Marathon SL cast and missing ETA levers).

Can anybody take a guess how much the package would be worth? I am clueless, have not bought/sold anything in ages.

Cheers,
Peter S

Attachments

• SDIM2698.jpg
    SDIM2698.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,063
syncros looks modern, :? that looks like a really nice frame though, i'd be intrested in it depending on what it's worth, and not recieveing a stupid €125 fed ex shipping quote for postage here..

I think you're in the wrong place. The biggest market for Rocky Mountains in Europe is Germany by far. On German eBay you might get 100 euro for the frame. I'm not saying it isn't a good frame, but it's neither vintage nor modern and aluminium frames without disc tabs don't have much of a market.

If the object of the exercise is to raise cash, you shouldn't sell it as a package. You should sell every item individually. That way, you will probably realise 50% more.

i agree with anthony, but you should sell it too me instead as a whole, so it goes too a fellow retrobiker, :LOL:

Hi!
Thank you for the replies. I was not sure where to put this question, since I was not sure whether I want to sell it or not, and it was not really "retro", so I put it into the >1998 section.

Anyhow - 100 Euro is more than I anticipated, I thought the frame is basically worthless. The seatpost is from 1999 the very latest - I am pretty sure I bought it soon after the bike in summer 1998.

I can see that Germany and selling the parts individually would be better, but I mainly wanted to see if it is worth it and thought that I would get answers here.
Now that said, if somebody here wants to put this frame to good use, I am happy to negotiate. I am in Austria, and shipping to UK might not be that more expensive than shipping to Germany (according to the postal service's costs calculator it is actually the same - ca. 32-36 Euros). And the retro market within Austria is small.

Cheers!!
Peter

could i have first dibs please, pending an agreed price for the frame and the parts you mentioned, and a shipping quote?

Mike,

Latest posts

Back