Carnac 'Ligne Pro' series

mongo

Dirt Disciple
I always admired the quality of Carnac's 'Ligne Pro' series of cycling shoes. When did Carnac stop making them, and does anyone have a secret supply of NOS in size 43 or 44, road or mtb? I just picked up a pair of NOS Carnac Explorer Ligne Pro mtb shoes on ebay. Super quality, and with "Made in France" on the sole. Those were the days!

Tschuss, Jason.

Hi Jason

Best place to check is ebay search worldwide quite a few appear in the states, maybe because of the Greg Lemond connection. I have 2 pairs the earlier Lemond version with signature new unsed and the year after non signature version. Great shoes still on my original pair that I have owned since 1994 still look as new condition.

I've also got a pair of the Lemond signature road shoes, the black kangaroo leather with grey mesh version. Great shoes, but for mine the end in nigh (ridden in to the ground - broken straps (restitched), worn down heels, gnarled toe ends). GBP 144 in 1994. Definitely worth the money.

My ebay find only cost GBP 26.50 plus postage charges. If they last half as long as the Lemonds they'll be an absolute steal.

I'll keep my eye out on ebay. You're right, the US site seems to have a regular stream of NOS and used Ligne Pro shoes. It's a waiting game for the right size to come along,......patience required.

Cheers.

Back