Another ATX1

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
I have been wanting one of these bikes since they first came out and I spied one in a MB Action mag :D
So one came up for sale and I couldn't say no. I got the frame, fork, rear shock, headset and chain device, the rest came from my old DH bike.
It has Shivers on the front, Ringle hubs laced to Mavic D521, Easton post, Funn direct mount stem, ODI ruffians, 50/50xx, Raceface diabolus cranks, X9 rear de, 105 rear cluster, Truvativ bars, Flite saddle, SLX brakes.
I know the bars are very white... my last DH bike was white so they matched nicely, I'll replace them one day :p
Going to ditch the Sram shifter and rear de... Never been a fan of Sram (except their chains)
Also got to find a slightly heavier rear sping, although problem is that the sping has no writing on it... so not to sure what weight it is...
Well... enjoy :D

Attachments

• ATX (2).JPG
    ATX (2).JPG
    135 KB · Views: 1,950
  • ATX.JPG
    ATX.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 1,950
  • ATX (3).JPG
    ATX (3).JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 1,950
Yeah to be honest I don't really like any of the modern DH bikes...
Another one of my dreams bikes, Cannondale Super V 4000 Dh has come up for sale... but alas I'm stone broke so not able to buy it :cry:

eek2.gif
Wow77.gif
eek2.gif

Nice to see a complete ATX1, so many are now "front end only" after the rear ends have failed for one reason or another.
I was talking to someone recently who also had an ATX1, he had heard a rumour that BETD were going to start making rear ends....
Look after it!!
PS: It really needs a set of 151 Boxxers though ;)

I was actually thinking more like RST XXL's and drum brakes like Toby Henderson's old one. That's the bike I fell in love with all those years ago :D

Back