Saracen Traverse Hydrotech

retrobikeguy":2b7jr16m said:
Nah, just I aint done any work yet :LOL:

I often wonder why i go to work. At the mo its to join the site and chat about bikes and stuff.
Love the Saracen a real trip back to my 20s :D

tintin40":17y233pg said:
Love the Saracen a real trip back to my 20s :D

I'll take you back a few more - heres my saracen trekker comp ;)

P1010119.jpg

:cool: I like that bike. A Ck, A kooka and some thing else and you have a "tropical" bike.

I´m sorry if you don´t understand my english. I can´t expres all what I want to say.

CK = chris king headset

Kooka = crankset or levers

(parts, both expensive and pretty colours)

Gonzalez":2c2x7f6q said:
Hermitt that's pretty cool, is that the same frame as mine? sorry I don't know much about my bike, did ya keep it in original condition or have you restored it?

Gonzalez, I think yours maybe a year or 2 older? Someone will know? Mine's a 1992 Kili Racer with a Tange cro-mo MTB butted frame. Not mine from new, £700 or so was more than I could spend on a bike back then, but it's 90% original, the guy who sold it never took it near mud just used it on the road (got road tyres on in the pic), no wear to the drivetrain at all and I think the original chain and horrible hard shimano brake blocks. Original Ritchey vantage rims too that just needed truing. But the flexstem and seatpost aren't original. It's since had some Mythos XC tyres put on and given a good thrashing over the South Downs :p

Old Saracens Rule

I really will get around to posting a pic of mine when I get back from holiday. I have just found and fitted the Profile Durango XC (I think) wrap around bar ends. That non E-stay bike, was that not the model that the Crane brothers (cousins?) used to do the extreme expeditions on? I remember seeing articles in MBUK. I am sure I still have some Farmer Johns and possible FJ Cousins in the loft. They were good in mud but rubbish cornering on wet/damp grass!

Latest posts

Back