Modern Thumbshifters

hi, i've got this shifters on my Epic Sworks with a XTR rear derailleur and i love this system which is better for me than all the other systems!
It's very light (119grs the pair) and very ergonomic.

m_30698874_0.jpg

I forgot to mention the 2 great advantages with this system that craps all over the others...

1. friction mode!

2. Zen/night riding for when you don't want to look at the controls but want to admire the trail.

Ah ok not Paul's then - do you mean forge-mtb (dot) com though? Forge motorsports (in Gloucester) only seem to do aftermarket car tuning parts...

exactly, they dont do them any more. they used to do a really nice 4 arm xtr spider if you didnt want to use xtr 950 chainrings aswell. that was a good idea, but the middleburn version had better finish.

I run both pauls and the forge ones and tbh never had a problem with either. The Pauls ones are slightly better finished but in action they're pretty identical, as you would expect when the only difference is the mounts.

kanerdog1x1":3t8atr53 said:
the thumbies in the picture are from forge motorsport in cheltenham, and are to be avoided. they no longer make them as the chappie who used to machine them no longer works for them. the alloy they used to produce them was as hard as cheese, and only had a single bolt holding them together so were very easy to do up too tight, rendering them useless. lets all stick with pauls which look sleek, but seem indestructable, even though they dont match up too well with hope mini levers....

I have used the forge mounts with Dura Ace 9-speed shifters and Hope mono mini levers for about 4 years now. Never had any problems, and I think they're pretty ergonomic, as you can shift through the middle gears on the rear with just your index finger knuckle. They are also light, and very crash resistant (survived a couple of heavy stacks with only a scratch). Only issue was the slightly sharp mounts can scratch the bar.

Back