Buying Chrome forks & value of Time CF Forks to fund it

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got a pair of Time straight leg carbon fibre 1" forks with threaded steerer?
I'm considering buying some (new) chrome forks to replace these on a bike but if I cant get the money from these to fund the whole job including having the race fitted to the new fork then I'll keep it as is.
What can I expect to get for the Time ones & where can I get some spanky new chrome ones in 1"(dont have to be threaded BTW)?
cheers
4606165829_33c118caf8_b.jpg

I think a lot of people are very nervous about buying secondhand carbon forks in case the've had a heavy shunt and been sold on as the owner lost confidence.

Threaded carbon forks are quite unusual too! I guess that they are steel steerer?

There's not really a big market for used composite forks - expect you'd muster £25 - ironically, at that time people were ditching their old, heavy steelies for expensive carbon. I was watching on old pair of Gios steel forks on ebay the other night that went for a healthy £104 - more than the price I paid for a whole Gios!

monty dog":3l9ha7uq said:
There's not really a big market for used composite forks - expect you'd muster £25 - ironically, at that time people were ditching their old, heavy steelies for expensive carbon. I was watching on old pair of Gios steel forks on ebay the other night that went for a healthy £104 - more than the price I paid for a whole Gios!
Bugger :( , the forks & bike have barely been used, I really thought I'd get more than that. Oh well just have to stick with what's on.
BTW getting a Gios for less than £104 kudos to you(actually I mean lucky so & so :cool: :LOL: )

Latest posts

Back