What an excellent piece of equipment is that!

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I received my Knipex 'Zangenschlüssel' today. What an excellent piece of equipment is that!

a8ae_1_b.JPG

I'm never without my "Knipex 'Zangenschlüssel'"...don't know about anybody else!

what the hell are they?! Look like a plumbers wrench to me! :LOL:

Hi,

I will try to explain with pics, as I do know the English words for it. It is a mix of this =>

ring_e1.jpg

...with this =>

440146.jpg

Range is 0-48mm. For example you could use it well with tightening 1",1-1/8", 1-1/4" threaded headsets. They won't damage the lockring as conventional tools do, as they fit tight (you put pressure on them). You can put quite a lot force on them because of leverage. They wont hurt your hands much by doing so, because of the rubber cover.

My 'Zangenschlüssel' is the 250mm long one. There also excist a 180 and a 300. The 1st of course having a smaller range, the later a wider range. There are also isolated ones and ones with dual compound (more) rubber.

Aaaaah..........if only I also could have a 250mm long Zangenschlüssel.......the laydees would be fightin' to get in through my front door................

Now if they were able to make that into a smaller Cool Tool type thang, that would be excellent!

yes I've got one of these
440146.jpg

my father in law was a plumber - very useful for various bike applications

The difference with the plumbers wrench is that the bits move paralel together ...and that there are no ridges that could damage the part

Other difference is it carries another price tag :cry:

Worth the investment though ;)

Back