my newest roadrace bike koga miyata roadspeed

driven

Devout Dirtbag
So i bought myself a giant a month ago but i kept looking for something nicer.then i found a nice bike,well everything but the wheels and back derailleur :roll: so the search started for the missing parts :D and my bank account dropped :oops: but i am proud to show my new roadbike.
it is a roadspeed koga miyata model 2000 made from fm-1 steel ;) build up with tiagra parts and nice wheels with durace hubs and cxp11 rims :D

DSC00423.jpg

hope you like it :cool:

Congrats with the new ride. A competent ride with a few modernish touches for making riding more enjoyable or easy.

The frame is from a couple years after Koga moved frame production from Miyata Jp to Hodaka. In late 90s Koga came with various designs I wouldn't have expected from them a couple years earlier like the Y-mountainframe, but also this welded steel road offering. In the early 90s roadbike world a welded steel roadbike would not have been possible (except for Chris Chance's Slim Chance among a couple others), but by the end of the decade Koga develloped a renewed focus on market demand, aesthetics and economics for themselves. It didn't not last very long in the end. Before pretty much dissappearing from the current line up, Koga went back to the brazing with lugs technique for the steel road and randonneur offerings. I believe nowadays only the purist 'Randonneur' model uses a steel frame. With pinstriping!

Forummember yo-eddy owned a FullPro-O from the same 2000 modelyear if I recall correctly.

:D well i think it is a pitty they don't built them anymore like in the old days :? in the past i had a koga miyata superwinner in red metallic wich i realy liked :D untill some figure stole it :( now i am back on a koga(after owning a rih,duell,cadex and giant)it doesn't seem to be sold many times as i don't see any pictures on the internet ;) but i really like it altough it is a bit heavy :D

Back