Dyna's modern kona single speed -Finished

dyna-ti":20tbdgzn said:
I think you'll learn to hate the chain though

Pray tell,dont get all mystical on me :? :LOL:

perry will tell you the full details but basically they stretch like a very stretchy thing. because the plates are bent they try and straighen out. mine lasted about 30 miles before it had stretched.

look cool but not worth the hassle

cyfa2809":2ykdqqci said:
wooooooow!!!
thats loverly!
how do you find the wheels?

Just cheap shimano m475 disc hubs on cheap rims.£80 per set :?
I used our auction watch for red ano.

I have a nice splined red ti glide and a nice red x517,they were meant to be the wheels used,and if i could find their matching front hub and rim.
The rim is never going to arrive as theyre too rare, to get another under £40 would be a miracle .someone here offered me a matching front hub.But for some reason he's withdrawn the offer[exept i cant tell cos he still wont answer the last pm i sent him :?: ]
I hope that deal is still on and hes just very busy to get back to me :D .

The cheap red ebay option at least gets the bike built and ridable.

perry will tell you the full details but basically they stretch like a very stretchy thing. because the plates are bent they try and straighen out. mine lasted about 30 miles before it had stretched.

Cheers for that Lewis :( fifteen quid wasted :( ]

Yep, I like it. Not sure what year it is but it looks similar to the fire mountain 2009 that my bro has. I like it as it has straight tubes, looks so much better than the identi-kit hydroformed rubbish.

its not a total waste. you can use individual links in normal chains to shorten them a bit.

sorry to put a downer on things.

just run it till it wears

Back