Suspension forks for Kona - advice please...

deelam

Retro Guru
I would like to try some suspension on my '93 Kilauea, trouble is I have been so long out of the game - I know diddly squat about suspension forks.
Can I have some suggestions please for adjustable forks which won't adversely alter the feel of my kona and more importantly - will fit a '93?
Cheers guys!
:D
Anybody got any old z-link forks they don't want? Or are these rarer than hen's teeth?

Hens teeth yeah.

Best bet is to find some 70mm or less forks from the same era - maybe some Pace like Im running on the hei hei? Should be cheap enough - especially for the 1 1/8th steerer that your Kona has.

Thanks Jez, what Pace have you fitted? The link on readers bikes is not showing any piccies.

ooh dear better fix that then....

Its a 18" hei hei with Pace rc36 proclass with a long travel kit in - supposedly giving me very soft and spongy 70+mm of travel - which is fine in theory - I've changed the spings to hard ones this weekend to see if it makes them less spongy.

Ive just sold some standard Rc36s this weekend actually but they had a 1" steerer :(

Keep a look out - even a pair of current SIDS should do the job as long as they have v-mounts on.

Z-Links

Don't have Z-Links but I do have their predecessor, the Futurshock fork. Was trying to keep it a secret until I got them back from the spray shop but smugness got the better of me!! :twisted:

Pics as soon as I can. :D

Back