East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Absolutely. Most enjoyable...lovely sunset...loved the down hill singletrack sections through the woods and by the rocks...rigid riding is great :D :D :D

Couldn't find an open Chip Shop on the way home though so I'm eating stale Bombay Mix to keep up my strength...still the car worked so that's a bonus :roll:

Looking at my signature looks like we did have both 13th and 16th down for night rides. I guess we need to make a decision.

Sounds like you guys had a good ride this week

We did. It was the usual Ticknall kind of stuff, but the clear evening sky was so unexpected after the constant showers and wind. The trails were quite compacted and fast, not a lot of mud, and it really seemed like the end of winter and the beginning of a summer of great riding. No punctures or mechanicals. Great fun. You and Rocky would have rounded things off nicely.

All the best for everything and I'm sure bike-hire's cheap in Cuba.

well my toe is pretty much fixed (still hurts when my shoes compress onto it)
only problem now is i'm off to the south of france for 2 weeks work lol

who knows i may actually get back to riding with you guys before the end of the year lol :p

orange71":19ns7tfp said:
looks like it'll get busy again as spring arrives :D think we'll have a few returnees.

...and a newbee if i ever get a build sorted :oops: :roll:

Is riding Ticknall on a ss possible?
(bearing in mind i'm not very fit :oops: )

...and a newbee if i ever get a build sorted

...and you'll be very welcome.
You've probably gathered from our part of the site that our fitness levels and ages vary wildly , all capabilities are respected equally, and it's great to share an enthusiasm.

Ticknall has many routes many of which are regularly ss'd . We tend to choose a route suited to the bikes , riders and weather.

Keep an eye on Orange71's rides dates for the evening rides and if you fancy a potter round on a weekend let me know as it's my local patch.

Rob

Latest posts

Back