The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
really thinking about selling my marin b-17 frame + rear shock :shock: it's got the mother of pearl green to purple flip on the white which looks nice .

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

the hand made rear disc mount will be going with the frame too ;)

i'm not after superstar money but a rough guideline would be nice ;)

My Bonty....

Just putting out the feelers on this one lads !!

A reasonable sized job has just fallen through so I may have to sell this within the next couple of weeks !!! :cry:

Was just wondering what its worth really ??? Be realistic though please and not just a price you would like to pay for it !! If the feedback is not realistic, it'll only end up on Evilbay, but ide obviously rather it went to a good home on here !!! ;)

Its Full XT throughout, period build etc... Condition is fantastic !! I love the ride of it but ive just got too many bikes and this being in my possesion the longest means it could be first in line to go !! :?

Cheers guys.

Del

Attachments

• 010420101032.jpg
    010420101032.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 929
  • 010420101033.jpg
    010420101033.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 929
  • 010420101030.jpg
    010420101030.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 929
  • 010420101038.jpg
    010420101038.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 929
Er.. how much?

Hello, my mum has finally lost her rag and has made me move this old bike out of her shed. This was my pride and job about 20 years ago - still good nick but not riden in over a decade.. Don't even really want much money for it just breaks my heart the idea of putting in a skip. Is there anyone interested in bikes like this, or should i just put in a skip?

Re: Er.. how much?

Lionel Blair":s08kji1q said:
Hello, my mum has finally lost her rag and has made me move this old bike out of her shed. This was my pride and job about 20 years ago - still good nick but not riden in over a decade.. Don't even really want much money for it just breaks my heart the idea of putting in a skip. Is there anyone interested in bikes like this, or should i just put in a skip?
Uhh what?

How much for my GREEN michelin wildripper front?
I've been searching for ages for a rear one to match it but give up now so just gonna get a pair of black tyres. So I know how hard it is to get hold of these green tyres!

Tread not too badly worn...

Klein Mantra race 1998 frame and bits

Hi guys just been in the loft and dug out my wifes old klein.

It need a clean up before i put up pics but basically we'll be looking to sell the frame and what bits are left on it.

Its Orange frame with black rear swingarm.

Any way its got no forks and missing one of the v brake calipers. Other than that it is mainly XT with an XTR rear mech.

Didnt really know there was much of a retro scene till i read this months MBR

So roughly has any one any advice on the sort of price range a Mantra race frame will achieve?

Aaahhh no !! Its not worth skipping but im not sure ide spend any money on it either !! Good hack bike for up the shops !! ;)

Re: Klein Mantra race 1998 frame and bits

hoolabloom":1vd7940o said:
Hi guys just been in the loft and dug out my wifes old klein.

It need a clean up before i put up pics but basically we'll be looking to sell the frame and what bits are left on it.

Its Orange frame with black rear swingarm.

Any way its got no forks and missing one of the v brake calipers. Other than that it is mainly XT with an XTR rear mech.

Didnt really know there was much of a retro scene till i read this months MBR

So roughly has any one any advice on the sort of price range a Mantra race frame will achieve?

Thats VeloManiacs dream bike :) (i'll alert him of this post), depends on what bits are available with the frame but bare frame only has to be worth at least £80-£100 if useable i.e good shock and bushes.

Hi chaps,
I've got a threaded 1 1\8th XTR headset here. No box but still wrapped up in plastic.
I bought the headset new in 97/98 (I think) as I was sure the headset on my GT Karakoram k2 would be on it's last legs as it was a few years old already.
Fast forward to 2010 and my GT still has it's original headset so I've decided to part with my "new" headset.
Just wondering what it might be worth before sticking it in the for sale section of this wonderful forum.

T.I.A

Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back