- Reynolds 753r tubing
- Silver soldered
- Feather light
- Chrome forks with Peugeot stamping and original 753 stickers
- Chromed back end
- Simplex drop outs

Pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32223378@N ... 559354215/

This frame has been repainted from cans, but to about as good as it gets with rattle cans and fine weather, it was painted months ago and has not been built up since. It typically had quite a bit of surface rust, these 753r Peugeots seem very prone to it from what I can gather. Luckily most of it was on the surface or the BB shell rather than many I have seen the have deep bubbly rust on the wafer thin tubes, so it was deemed worthy of restoring. The frame was taken back to bare metal with chemicals, removed all surface rust leaving a gleaming bare frame.

The frame was then primed with zinc primer and then has had a couple of coats of a period Peugeot dark metallic grey - from 1988 just like the frame (the frames original colourway was dark metallic grey with orange rainbow bands.). Its had a couple of coats of lacquer, but really needs more.

Replica head tube stickers, down tube stickers, team rainbow bands and lions for the seat tube as well as the Perthus Pro lettering for one side of the top tube (the other side should have 'hand brazed in french gold script) there is an aftermarket 753r sticker for the down tube. All of these are from the best in the business.
The other stickers you see on the forks and rear stay are original. Campag seat bolt in average condition is also included.

The cost of materials in getting the frame back to a presentable standard (and included the stickers, yet to be fitted) is in excess of £70, never mind the time and aggro. The paint finish is about as good as it gets from rattle cans, the preparation was excellent, but we did no filling, so around the bb shell, particulary the underside there is pitting where there was once rust. All the frame needs now is a few more coats of lacquer to seal the new stickers in, although its perfectly fine as it is too.

There are the odd bits of over spray on the drop outs. I'm not claiming this is a pro finished respray, so don't expect one.
Its a very cool frame indeed and extremely high spec and feather light.

I'm looking for £185 shipped (UK).
If you are interested, please PM me. Payment by PayPal please.

Any questions please ask. I also have a ratty, but correct ATAX quill stem for this bike, its even stamped as being made in 88 so its a perfect match, correct spec Phillipe bars and a Simplex post - all correct original spec. I have the catalogue scan too for this bicycle model.

Attachments

• Peugeot-IMG_2798.jpg
    Peugeot-IMG_2798.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2,656
Hi,
Could you tell me where you got the transfers from?
I'm after a set for a Peugeot 979 rebuild from the same period.
Cheers,
Stuart.

Latest posts

Back