Will I regret selling my m2.

getin

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Thinking about getting a new bike for the spring, looking at a rockhopper pro sl. This is my current bike and I might regret selling it! Just Not sure what to do.
ebay018.jpg

ebay049.jpg

It's lovely, all dark and wham! cool orange frame jumps out.
Why change? just boredom?

Looks like my size, I'd keep it.

Yeah, I do like the bike, but one thing I don't like its got no proper disk mounts and I don't feel its worth upgrading any more. And your right I probably will regret it, so Maybe I'le keep the frame in reserve and build it back up If I miss it. Spring is only around the corner and the thought of riding a new shiny bike on some long dusty trails really fires me up.
ebay006.jpg

Mango Stumpy

Oh no!
Dont sell the mango Stumpy. They do go for good money but as the others have said, if you already think you will miss it, then you probably will. I have an M2 singlespeeded and I have my modern Stumpy hardtail, I have the V brakes rather than discs and a fox fork and it is a familiar ride but a lot more up to date. Lighter, faster, plusher.
Rockhopper SL's are a great bike.
There was a shop selling a couple of modern Stumpy frames, NOS, about a year or so old. There was a couple of very small M5 and an 18 in M5 and carbon marathon. They were quite cheap from memory, just not my size. If your interested I will try to find wherever it is in my 'random favourite' file :roll:
Though nothing like getting it complete and ready to roll :cool:
In summary........dont sell the M2, you will regret it.

Jamie

DONT DO IT, it probably owes you nothing and you will want it back, took me ten years to get my original dyna-tec back,

Re: Mango Stumpy

Jamiedyer":2uvt9ysj said:
Oh no!
Dont sell the mango Stumpy. They do go for good money but as the others have said, if you already think you will miss it, then you probably will. I have an M2 singlespeeded and I have my modern Stumpy hardtail, I have the V brakes rather than discs and a fox fork and it is a familiar ride but a lot more up to date. Lighter, faster, plusher.
Rockhopper SL's are a great bike.
There was a shop selling a couple of modern Stumpy frames, NOS, about a year or so old. There was a couple of very small M5 and an 18 in M5 and carbon marathon. They were quite cheap from memory, just not my size. If your interested I will try to find wherever it is in my 'random favourite' file :roll:
Though nothing like getting it complete and ready to roll :cool:
In summary........dont sell the M2, you will regret it.

Jamie
ok, where is this shop then mate, might be worth a go.

Yes.

I nearly sold my 89 Stumpjumper, god knows why, its the best riding bike in my shed :roll:

There is one thing about the M2, its reasonably easy to get another one. Maybe not as good nick, but they are relatively available. You can't go wrong with an M2

Back