BoTM March 2010 - Downhill Special - Nominations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
JeRkY":1h070zhn said:
In the case of mine has only been put together 1 week, is 1 of 20 (reportedly) ever made, far fewer remaining and I suspect none of which are in new old stock condition.

1 of 20? cool. my Tremor is rare but not that rare,and if it gets to the voting stage doubt if it will get any votes!
how did you manage to come by something that rare then?

Ahh that build was never quite completed... damned brakes!, followed by a house move, job issues etc.

The final build thread is in my signature.

But yeah essentially it had been on the shop wall since the late 90's, attracting many admiring glances but no purchasers, until I came along with money burning a hole in my pocket.

It should of been a deposit on a BMW Z4 or a Boxster, but I decided since I planned on moving to London, I probably wouldnt use a car much...so buying a crazy rare DH bike (not a discipline I have much talent and/or interest) also turns out to be equally as unusable in the middle of London, but it seemed like a good idea :roll: :LOL:

xizang":gib8yvra said:
MCsanandreas":gib8yvra said:
how did you manage to come by something that rare then?

Link to the build for you :D

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... light=pace

read the thread,interesting. of course the problem now is the bike is almost TOO good to ride. sometimes this kind of rarity can be a curse.
i am also into motorbikes and the same thing happens there,spend ages building a classic bike then not want to ride it for risk of ruining it.

Tell me about it.

I am going to give it a run, but how many after that I dont know. I am no downhill pro and the thought of wrecking it for the sake of it does concern me :oops: :cry:

I'm in the same boat and look how close I live to Cwmcarn and Afan / Glyncorrwg. :roll:

Just cant imagine taking it down a Black run, shame really as that what it was built for. I can't even imagine sticking it on an uplift trailer :( never mind about riding it. I have ridden it since finishing the build but only around the local forestry track nothing too steep.

Riding - That's what my Big Hit is for ;)

Shame but that's the problem with spending so much time in sourcing and building such bikes. Parts are limited if not impossible to replace, and you're for ever thinking 'what if I break it' :(

If it were as easy to replace as an lts, there wouldn't be so much concern on my part. ;)

The bike will get a run, but seeing as it has only been together just over a week or so, and has taken just over a year to get to that point. I am personally fine in waiting to pick a time and place to try and reduce risk to rider and more impotantly bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back