MM - The aftermath

Here are a few of my pics posted here in the gallery > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=26883

This pics has to be one of the better ones

main.php

Jeffy of Retrobike.co.uk Team #2 having won the run heading out for his first lap on the '85 Overbury's. Jeffy went on to finish the first lap in a creditable top 15(ish) position.

Well, just before bedtime and after the return journey from hell (but with flash floods) there's just time and energy for me to thank all of you for being such great company and support on what was one of the best experiences I can remember. I loved my first race and (despite my swearfest after the final lap) Mrs Wu and I thouroughly enjoyed ourselves amid such great company.

Thank you all.

Particular shout out to the Guv'nor JV for creating the retrobike cult and base and getting it all together generally, and Mr and Mrs K for an awesome bbq (even if it was stopped by some solo riders needing sleep - they have it easy - don't know why everyone feels sorry for them, they get to go out and not go out whenever they like!) and for constantly lending me matches (of all the things to forget).

Look forward to seeing more pics.

...and sorry for going on about tyres so much Gump. On reflection I think that may have been a moment to reign in the OCD. :)

Night night all.

p.s...Chris, I reckon I hardly changed - I even wore the same shirt for four laps! Didn't even ride with a backpack. !!! :shock:

...and a particular apology to Heathy for taking so bloody long on the previous lap that he missed out for a last blast on the course.

Sorry pal, I owe you one.

here's a few of my best ones...

The Stand gets a bit of interest
main.php

Heathy starts RetroBike Team 1's first lap
main.php

Ed Edwards, half man half lung (great effort riding solo)
main.php

Wu Tangled, the wardrobe on wheels
main.php

Gump goes out for a lap looking cheery
main.php

The Guvnor finishes his final lap
main.php

superstrong GB leads the Retro Charge on 40lbs of British steel
main.php

More to come later in my gallery but these are the best ones

mud in my eyes

just a quick 1 to say well done to everyone who survived the weekend, especially the heroic efforts of dragging bikes around the mud laps on sunday. the moustache selection arrived late on sunday, a little late for the event.

Thanks to all for a great weekend, it was really good to meet everyone and for the support (even if it often took the form of telling me to go out for another lap although there was much needed help and references to 'Cool Hand Luke' in assiting me through the 24 mini Scotch eggs that my wife thoughtfully provided as perfect racing food). Rather worrying last night to look at the neat and shiny exposed steel on the insides of the chainstays and forks where the mud had rubbed away, perhaps even more worryingly I touched it up with red paint.

Everything at work today seems a bit surreal, almost as if I'm jet lagged (my aching left knee lets me know that this is not the cause of my bewildered state).

Back