critical racing cantilevers

kase1983

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hey people

recently bought some critical racing canti brake set but one set has longer arms than the other>? ive seen many sets like this , not a odd set or anything etc. any reason why?

long ones on the rear? short on the front?

:D

No, not right with Critical Racing: short arms front, long arms rear.

The long version was introduced two or three years after the short version, because many people complained about hitting the rear brake with their heels.

But who cares, I think it's a personal decision, both brakes will work front or rear.

curve":39uaa42d said:
No, not right with Critical Racing: short arms front, long arms rear.

The long version was introduced two or three years after the short version, because many people complained about hitting the rear brake with their heels.

But who cares, I think it's a personal decision, both brakes will work front or rear.

Have a couple of sets and yep long for the rear, the short stick out way too far.

Edit: From the Bikepro wepage: "Either model of the Critical brake can be used as a front or rear. Present tradition is to use the Low profile or long arm model in the rear, and the Standard profile in the front."

Oh, yeah, now it's all coming back to me, the Critical ones were like Graftons on the back for heel clearence and like old cantis on the front :)

Back