not all ebayers are bad people!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
thought i'd tell a quick positive story about ebay for a change

i've been looking for some 9speed ergolevers for a while, but unfortunately mid range 9speed seem to be rare, so when i won some athena 9speed levers for £39 i was really chuffed. i was initially concerned that they were 8 speed but there was a question asking just that and the seller answered that they were 9 speed.

i recieved them this morning . . . . 8speed :(

hmm . . . . what to do? :?

phoned a few people . . . . basically expensive and alot of hassle to convert them to 9 speed :(

the thoughts of a dispute or less than 100% feedback loomed. let alone getting back the money :(

contacted the seller saying "i realise this is hassle for you etc" and "i bought them as they were 9speed" and " they were a project finishing part" etc, was being as polite as possible

got a message back about 20mins later, no problem, will refund my paypal, and an apology for the incorrect information. :D

goes to show there are good ebayers outhere, and this was one person not a shop or power seller etc.

thought i'd post this as a ying to all the negative ebay yangs.

:D

Buyers can't receive negative feedback any more - and if you pay with paypal it'll actually take the money out of their paypal account without their permission too (only if they have the funds in the account though).

That's why I don't sell big things on ebay any more; the sellers have absolutely no protection.

~~~~~~~~

I'm not having much luck with ebay at the moment. In the last couple of months I have had to return: an external hard drive that was very, very broken; two vintage watches, one of which was scratched and the other simply didn't work; a vintage safety razor advertised as aluminium, but was actually rusted chromed steel; a set of brand new wheels (Open Pros on Zenith hubs) which hadn't been trued at all; and today I sent back some Cinelli track bars which were completely covered in very deep gouges.

I just wonder what goes through people's heads when they type 'In pristine condition' or similar. Maybe other ebays don't kick up as much of a fuss as I do.

Thats how crap the current culture is these days .... Lets be honest the ebayer seller hasnt done anything other than what a decent person should do in the circumstances that it was sold incorrectly.

Like you say though, there are some decent people left!!

you miserable sods!! :LOL:

i know that a refund is what any resonable person should do but the point i was making is that i will give this guy good feedback based on not the item but the way he dealt with the return/refund, it was a genuine mistake, he could have said bug*er off. and lets face it most people have "internet balls" meaning they are happy to sit infront of their computer and be rude because you are 200miles away!

this guy did the right thing straight away with no questions or hassle. must be a retrobiker ;)

I'm with you here, sometime you do find nice helpful sellers. This week I had a question about an item and cheekily asked for a BIN price. He was a bit dubious about doing a deal outside of Ebay which I guess is fair enough so instead phoned me up and changed to auction to BIN at the agreed price as we spoke.

Kerplunk":10838gon said:
I'm with you here, sometime you do find nice helpful sellers. This week I had a question about an item and cheekily asked for a BIN price. He was a bit dubious about doing a deal outside of Ebay which I guess is fair enough so instead phoned me up and changed to auction to BIN at the agreed price as we spoke.

I do an agreed BIN in the early stages of an auction if there are no bids, ebay is the best way of advertising stuff but I agree, people can be a bit generous in their descriptions :shock:

Jon, I have some 9 speed Chorus (alloy) and 9 speed Record (carbon) if you're still looking - not mid range but might help?

go on then ed hit me with a price . . . . i'll try not to faint at the price chorus is likely to be! :shock:

it's weird though, seems to be only xenon or record for 9speed on ebay. :?

Back