WANTED - Raleigh Castorama frameset.

the castorama raleighs in 531/653/753 had the shot-in seat cluster, which were renowned for breaking. My mate broke 2. Each were replaced quibble free, but he somehow lost confidence and sold it.

My 653 doesn't have shot in stays, it does however have Giro winner sticker :D

I built it up with the 7 speed Dura Ace groupset of the age, Mavic GEL280 rims, cinelli bars and stem and rolls saddle. a few years later had added some 8 speed STI which no longer work very well over the 7 speed cassette. Seems I'm going to need a new hub and modern cassette to get the STI working as the Dura Ace 7 speed cassette is not compatible with anything else :?

I may just return to the downtube shifters. Will post a picture when it's sorted either way.
By the way, contacted Raleigh about replacement stickers as I have another frame thats in need of renovation and fancied another Castorama, however Raleigh don't keep them anymore. :(

Meant to add that I've also got a tatty Road Ace frameset, from memory it was the first version of the Road Ace, had 600ex aero equipment on it.

Lastly have a Dynatech low profile frameset with 26inch front wheel. It's the purple one (in case there were others) Is there a market for such an item?

Back