WTD: Gillott Headbadge

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This is the year that my 1955 Spear-point Gillott will rise again but before I fork out for an expensive respray I really need to locate a headbadge. So if anyone sees one or has one please let me know.

Here she is headbadge-less :cry:
Gillott002.jpg

The original badge was removed by the second owner when he hand painted it and gave it to his brother whom nailed to a walking stick which is now long gone!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

If you can't get hold of a metal badge you could always use a head transfer from Nick at Lloyds.

Either way, no need to wait for the respray as the badge is rivetted on after painting. I can recommend Mario Vaz in east london for paintwork at a sensible price.

Thanks Wheelnut. I will be using Lloyds to supply the decals so may, if I really have to, go that route.

Nice list of bikes you have at the bottom of your posts I do hope there are pictures of each and every one of them.

*Goes to have a look*

Gillott was bought by my favourite local bike shop somewhere back in the mists of time. That's Edwardes of Camberwell in South London. I know that they still have a small stock of headbadges, but they will only let them go to someone with a Gillott bike.

Give them a call on 020 77033676. Ask for Gary, tell him that Richard (the carpenter) recommended you give them a call. You may have to be persistent, but tell him that you know they have the badges, because his sis' told me.

If you don't have any luck, let me know and I'll try for you.

Rich

Hey Rich, very many thanks for that! :D I will give them a ring tomorrow. Thanks again for the lead, will let you know how I get on.

i sold one of these for £25 on ebay a while back to a guy in japan. Couldnt beleive it. I really should have taken a mould of it first, sorry

Back