My old bikes: '05 Explosif and a '98 GT Lightning

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Found some photos of a couple of my old bikes. In chronological order, in case you can't work it out for yourself ;) i had the GT first and then the Explosif. The GT was bought from the insurance claim i made against the guy who smashed into my Kilauea with his car. Never really liked the look of the GT much with the triple triangle design, i think i just bought it as it had the Ti frame and i got it NOS in '99 for 1K reduced from 1650. It did ride very nice and was very fast though. I spent a further 1k on it buying XTR parts, SIDS, WTB headset, Syncros hardcore seatpost, Azonic stem and i put my Bontrager Ti bars from the Kilauea onto it as well. It was prety darn light.The pics here show it as it was when i sold it around '03.

I did have and '01 FSR comp in between these 2 and this was my second foray into full sus after owning its '95 SWorks predecessor. A cracking machine again but my favourite out of the 3 is def the Explosif. It was an '05 UK only edition in black. I've never seen another or else i would have bought it. I've seen a few of the grey frame only versions but again never the black.

Attachments

• CIMG0117.JPG
    CIMG0117.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 835
  • CIMG0116.JPG
    CIMG0116.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 835
  • DSCF0072.JPG
    DSCF0072.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 835
  • DSCF0065.JPG
    DSCF0065.JPG