ebay UK: Gitane

I am so surprised that this is still on there! Love those dropouts. There is one of these for sale on another forum listed as 531 for over twice the price of the one on Ebay. Bargain.

Not mine, don't know the seller, etc...

That said, if a retrobiker wins it I'd happily collect and store / box up for courier.

Cheers!

Funny, i was gonna take a gamble on this as it looked very cheap but haven't thus far for 2 reasons..

1) Its in Oxford!
2) It passed hands on Ebay a couple of times thus far in a short space of time without ever been used. Could be coincidence I guess..

(oh and 3, got two bike building on the go already!)

Didn't I read somewhere there was a defect on some Gitane dropouts in the 70s or 80s? It's not these ones? They are beautiful..

Hmm, that offer of packing and picking up looks tempting now..

Ah well, worth a gamble for £30. (I know coulda gambled for the £9.50)
I think it's a 76' Racing Team which, looking at it, was Huret stuff? Are those Huret dropouts then?

Anyhows. another for the build but I do have a few old Huret bits and bobs around so now have something to put them on.

Makrie, would that offer of pick up and box apply to me too?..

Wired99

Funnily enough saw very similar one on LFGSS- good old Hillary Stone selling it for £75[/img]

Attachments

• Gitane-TDF.jpg
    Gitane-TDF.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 998
I saw that too, was dented I believe but did sell for the £75

Hilary has a endless supply of great frames!

Wired99

A friend of mine went and picked up a frame for me from him in Bristol and apparently there were frames just stacked everywhere in his house! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

He makes a tidy little sum- saw him sell an old NOS 50's huret derailleur for £550 on the bay once! :shock:

Sounds like my sort of 'job'..
I have bought a few bits off Hilary last couple of months including a nice Moser frame currently getting resprayed. He has some beautful Italian frames that I just keep missing out on!

:(

Latest posts

Back