South & West Midlands Chat and rides

nevadasmith":3cy0b9p8 said:
small world :!:

I still polishing it at the moment but some help with the U brake would be much appreciated when I get to that stage - too much haste and speed when I took it off means I don't have the foggiest how it goes back on!

Do you ride anywhere local to here?

Very Local to you, Started riding out from Blockley, out again today putting together a nice little route :cool:

im in north warwickshire......i will travel to anything in the mids if there is a ride planned....i also regularly ride the long mynd,more than happy to arrange a ride if any of you want to come........

daj putting together a nice little route 8)[/quote said:
Do we all get an invite to ride the "nice little route" - I might need a few of those before I felt brave enough to tackle the Long Mynd.

Forest of Dean would also be good if someone fancies leading a ride there -to my shame although I'm probably the most local I've not ridden off road in that area much.

CAS":3vc0o0fr said:
daj putting together a nice little route 8)[/quote:3vc0o0fr said:
Do we all get an invite to ride the "nice little route" - I might need a few of those before I felt brave enough to tackle the Long Mynd.

Forest of Dean would also be good if someone fancies leading a ride there -to my shame although I'm probably the most local I've not ridden off road in that area much.

Ooooowww once it has been perfected :D

Hopefully Forest of dean leading shouldnt be so much of a problem as hopefully getting a Garmin GPS for Christmas!! Think we will still stick with the usual top men for our organised rides though :LOL:

@feetabix

Sounds good, be nice to try other areas with people willing to lead local rides.

daj":3apc965g said:
Hopefully Forest of dean leading shouldnt be so much of a problem as hopefully getting a Garmin GPS for Christmas!! Think we will still stick with the usual top men for our organised rides though :LOL:

Three points:

1) Electronics don't work in FoD, it is a mystical place.

2) The sweetest singletrack isn't on any map and, although I've done about a dozen long rides there in the past year, I can find very few of them.

3) I'm trying to get someone to lead us there soon, expect early in the New Year now.

Feeling the South Midlands love while keeping the blood pure

Ed

ededwards":3jnapyua said:
daj":3jnapyua said:
Blmey 75 miles!! Id be needing christmas to recover!! :LOL:

Doesn't have to be the longer route, happy to go with what anyone attending wants, just offering a few suggested options.

Well we did go out - around 45 hilly miles with wonderful views over the Golden Valley from Orcop Hill. Ed on his Mercian - definitely a Retrobike - mine a "Retrobike of the future" so carefully hidden behind the salt barrel!

Thanks Ed - maybe some of the guys will be brave enough to come along next time!

Attachments

• orcop hill 2.jpg
    orcop hill 2.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 501
  • orcop hill 3.jpg
    orcop hill 3.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 501
Looks good :cool:

I will deff pluck up the courage soon for one of these bigger miles rides

Love the photo of Eds saddle inline with your armpit Cas !! :LOL:

Back