Retrobike Area Groups 2013

chrisv40":2arrmyc5 said:
Car sharing is a must for me, I'm fortunate to live pretty close to Ben and to be honest without him I couldn't have afforded to attend as many rides as I did this year.

I think its something that needs promoting better this coming year.

The trouble is getting more than 2 bikes in most cars, I might buy a third roof carrier for next year and get another rider to share the fuel costs too.

Did I say mine would fit your bars if I switched the clamping setup, I'll have to check. Also see how quick and easy it is to change between the types.
But for longer distances it'll be worth it.
Of course can get 2 or 3 on the roof of my car and possibly another or two in the boot if they're not to large a bike.
BUT that requires me to have access to my car (by SWMBO)

...i've picked up a saris bones 3 bike carrier from my local oxfam the otherr day for a tenner. :D that along with a roof box maybe for wheels/ jumble and huge boot for kit on the deisel octavia (55mpg+) i reckon i'm good for the more far flung rides...

ps oh yeah sorry, good luck chris and andy et al...

Matthews":34rc9nce said:
Can one ask why?, and who's stupid idea was it to split Yorkshire up (yes I live in West Yorkshire and regularly meet up with fellow yorkshire folk from East Yorkshire, (East Riding if you want to go Retro).
Don't know which bright spark came up with the split but I bet he's well South of Yorkshire. :x
I can remember this been discussed for as long as I've been in Retrobike. North East and Yorkshire was a huge area and you could have probably fitted Belgium into it, so there was sometimes fairly uneven coverage when it came to arranging rides.

Back