94 Klein Quantum Pro Coral Reef Completed!!! Pg5

HAHAH yeah yeah, theyre just like a wii, and the faster you shake em they noisier they get.... and if you lob them hard enough they can break your tv too ;) on hte plus side you hear me coming thats for sure.... hahah

AUGHHHHHHHH SHAMALS. yes i wish.... those in my opinion (and judging by what you said youd agree) those would be some of the nicest looking rims on this bike... and possibly in general (and a shimano man is sayin that...) but i figured out that the shimano alternate cable routing wouldnt work for this XTR rear derailleur i was running, so i have the 9speed dura ace casette around doing nothing and a new 10speed dura ace 12-23 on instead. I did figure out that I can run my dads old school dura ace hubbed campy omega strada hardox XL wheelset, sure theyre heavy heavy heavy clinchers..... but they havnt come out of true since i was born.... so i think that says something. (the chain is SOOO close to rubbing on the stay when i shift down to the 12 tooth, but i checked iwth a flashlight, verified that its just BARELY not rubbing, and stuck some electrical tape in there for saftey and settled on these wheels for now)

i probably should update my thread.... with pics n crap

heres two that have been scaled by my facebook ( i have higher res ones...) (drive side & non drive side) of how she sits right now, should be 10 more days ish until the Titanium seatpost goes in....

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 8661_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 0125_n.jpg

the bike tubes definately look massive now that i took off those deep dish wheels. (ill get those worked out eventually... but the competition season isnt until next year, and other than for competitions theyre kinda just BLLLINNNNG, which i like... but i also like when im not cussing out my bike because i pop a tire every 4th ride ish haha, at 130lbs thats unacceptable.)

& here is one that i think you guys will get a laugh out of / just incase you wonder what kind of 'tard is riding around this bring yellow bike... ( i have my fun.... )
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 2581_n.jpg

Damn, how long has it been? I remember I ordered a bunch of crap forever ago, specifically the Handlebars and Titanium seatpost at the same time (with at on of other stuff...) the guy with the handlebars was a couple states away from me, but dicked off sooo long that it arrived two days AFTER the guyh who sent the seatpost from TAIWAN got there.... about 17 buisness days later.... if your gonna sell your crap on ebay you should ether ship out in a timely manner or have a damn good reason why not.

so, basically, its been a pain.... but i finally got it riding Perfect.... now all i have to do is slim it back down hahah, im up to like 19.5lbs!!!!

I might try and buy an old shamal wheelset (those are spoked "normally" annd not in that wierd like 5 star config like the new ones right?) and swap out the hubs for some dura ace goodies.... shouldnt have a 10 speed problem then :!: (off to do research.....)

but yeah, I think youll be pleasantly surprised with how it rides... it might also be the fact that it feels like it fits quite a bit better than my other bikes...

i hit a new record for a sprint the other day which was 38.8 mph = 62.4425472 kph (turns out you ride alot faster when you are running from something that doesnt get tired and you really dont want hitting your bike)

what parts are you still waiting on? cant be much.....

p.s. i finally uploaded the pics of the seatpost collars

the black one will fit the klein you got and the mantra... the other ones are smaller (cf and woodman... i think they are 34.9? ) i can find a bolt for the woodman for ya if you want as well.... sorry it took so long!

Nice moose :LOL:

Klein looks ace too. What happned to the deep section rims though? The post and rear mech are a bit mtb for my taste but otehrwise spot on.

John":2nibz9ap said:
Nice moose :LOL:

Klein looks ace too. What happned to the deep section rims though? The post and rear mech are a bit mtb for my taste but otehrwise spot on.

I got the deep section heds, they rode fine except for a lot of flats on my steel road bike, got tired of replacing the tubular tires so i put the ones that are on the klein back on and let them sit, a couple months later i tried to ride the klein with them (straight from the shop.... had to redo all the shift tuning too, and they clamped it on the toptube... all thinkgs that make me conciirned...) so long story short they started making this noise just like this one time i had a lumpy clincher tire so itd click up against teh top of the fork at one part of the revolution, except not quite the same noise... no rub or anything.... bearings must be knackerd or some form of carbon fiber faliure or soooomething. basically theyre being a piece of work like my ex right now. so i got rid of them (well.... ill fix those eventually, probably not the ex)

then i played with them and unscrewed something i shouldnt have... ill get them fixed eventually haha. just not huge deal, and im not in a huge rush because these clinchers are 0 maintenance.

& on the seatpost / xtr, dont worry I have a titanium post coming, i already had one but stuck it on the klein attitude since this current seatpost is ugly on anything.... somebody at a stoplight actually asked me about that today.. And on the xtr I had originally had a Long cage verson... so this is better, I prefer it over the dura ace because well.... it has carbon fiber and is blingy. I figured worst i do is if i dont like uit after a while is stick it on my klein attitude and grab a da rd-7800. & I thought the carbon matched the fsa slk better :)

one thing i really do need to fix though is the spacers... because these are evidently the mountainbike sized ones (i ordered from 3 different places "mc2 spacers quantum pro" and they were all for attitude / adroit.

glad you like it :)

& on the moose photo, thats above an abrocrombie and fitch counter at one of the stores hahaha..... my manager almost shit a brick. & hey, im riding something in it so it sort of counts as on topic...... :LOL:

p,s, if i ever feel like going with some TT bars i think i might just have t o get some moose antlers like that..... haha

NOS frame gone and I'm now waiting to troubleshoot my Coral Reef. One of the cable housing on the frame went missing and my bike can be ridden because of that. I'll take a few picture and upload this weekend!

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

When MC2 Stem Caps are such a Pain In The Arse to get, this is another alternative.
[img]http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/eighteighteighteight/Klein%20Quantum%20Pro/IMG_1921.jpg

I really like the look of that bike but those Ringle skewers look like they wouldn't do you any aerodynamic favors in the vertical position like that. ;)

If you really need an MC2 cap, First Flight Bikes has one for sale for $10.

Thank you for the compliment. I will shift the direction towards the back.

Anyway, I've just sent an e-mail over to First Flight Bikes. Any idea if it'll fit a Quantum Pro?

SF Klein":1szfgvbi said:
I really like the look of that bike but those Ringle skewers look like they wouldn't do you any aerodynamic favors in the vertical position like that. ;)

If you really need an MC2 cap, First Flight Bikes has one for sale for $10.

I'm pretty sure the MC2 system was interchangeable between road & MTB and thus the cap should work fine. FFB can confirm for you though.

Not really. I purchased one on eBay for 108 pounds a few weeks back out of desperation and turned out that the size is too big. Realized that the MTB and Road caps are two different stuffs. Guess I'll have to wait for their answer before anything happens. Thank you once again.

SF Klein":3l9evwiz said:
I'm pretty sure the MC2 system was interchangeable between road & MTB and thus the cap should work fine. FFB can confirm for you though.

108 pounds?!?! Well for $9.99 you should probably pick up the one at FFB and even if it doesn't fit, you could sell it off for 100 pounds, no? :D Hope it works out for you though.

Back