Petitioning the coolwall

Joe

Retro Guru
Can we move gripshift over a bit please or have a re-count of the vote or summat?

...or am I really the only person that likes them?

Gravity Karma":3i43875d said:
Can we move gripshift over a bit please or have a re-count of the vote or summat?

Well, I used to like Shimano Rapid Fire shifters more than GripShift. But Since Shimano went DualControl which s*ck uber-big-time!!! I have GripShifts on my Scott Scale and I must say I LOVE EM!! Shifts like a dream (with an X.0 carbon rear derailleur, dunno how they do with a Shimano one since Rapid Rise s*cks just like DC does).

Since 2003 it's "exit Shimano" for me...

I missed it unfortunately and Iv'e run gripshift since the old x-rays, and always liked em although I have to say things have improved a bit since then with them. :D

My first experience of gripshift was enough to put me off for life... recurring nightmares about wringing the necks of chickens and that kind of thing. If the shifting had been precise it might have compensated... but instead it just brought new meaning to the word "vague" :p

I must admit they weren't "high-end" models, but then even cheap and nasty Shimano RF/ RF+ shifters have always worked extremely well (for a while, at least!)

Personally I see no pressing reason to move on from Thumbies :)

Gravity Karma":1j85sx5a said:

I like them more and more - agree with the comment that the original ones were cr*p though!

And the coloured covers (ala SLIM's Yeti) are very cool!

I'm Spartacus!................err...........I mean...............I liked Gripshift too- never had any hassle with them.

But I don't know if I'd call them 'Cool'- to many Chunkoid psuedo-MotoX looky likey shifters were brought out- 'Functional Simplicity' got replaced with 'Cheapo'.

Though I'd say the original model, the wee orange bands, would be C-A-F!

Cheers,
Dav

Hey remember it was your votes that put them in the uncool section....

They do kinda suck though...apart from the xray ones which looked cool.

Back