Anyone running 700 rims on Weinmann 730s?

wired99

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi guys

Me again, sorry to keep asking questions.... Just new to this restroing lark that's all.

Is anyone using 700 rims with Weinmann 730's?
Just trying to work out if they will drop down enough to relace my Sunshine hubs with 700s insetad of the straight sided 27" rims I have.

If anyone knows,

Wired99

It depends on the frame clearances, nothing necessarily to do with the brake stirrup or the wheel diameter. You have to decide what combination of wheel diameter, frame clearance and brake stirrup depth you have.

In general though -

Small clearances for 700c no mudguards=shallow stirrup, large clearances for 27" and mudguards=deep stirrup.

Thanks guys..
I guess I will wait till the frame and froks come pack from being sprayed, measure up and take it from there..

Wired99

IF you mean slotting 700s in a frame built for 27"ers, then it would have to have VERY large clearances for a 730 Weimann C/P not to be long enough to reach. There is only 4mm difference in radii ((630-622)/2). If necessary can always file the pad holder slots.

On 27"ers, not unusual for the front to be a 610 and rear a 730. Edit. So for 700s sometimes necessary to use two "rears".

From memory - a while since I've played with old frames/wheels/brakes, so might be wrong!

Latest posts

Back