De Rosa respray or not ???

hi jonny

funny you should recommend bj, it was them i was considering

i need to decide whether to let them remove the chrome and then either paint all frame and forks, or to chrome forks and rear stay again, masking the chrome and keeping is not an option it is pitting and badly worn so would not look right with new paint !

i dont know if its that important one way or another, from what i gather De Rosa are not like most brands that have models so would need to keep to model spec, they made them more ad hoc so some might be chromed and some all painted, i hope i am right in this

so the least expensive option would be to paint frame and fork one colour

i would like it red so may bj can match colour to a De Rosa red ?

and lastly i need to get transfers to match, so will contact gil_m

any other advise before making the plunge

I'd say go with the red rather than the original blue if that is what you prefer, as long as it is a pucker job, which BJ will do I'm sure, it will not effect it's resale value at all.

Personally I'd be tempted to have it rechromed, if not the fork then defo the chain stay as after you've rebuilt your bike and ridden it a few miles you'll curse the chain suck chipping away at your new paintwork.

aslong as you are happy not to do original then i'd say go for it. also don't forget that BJ can do stickers aswel, not that that gil's stuff isn't fantastic. here's an example of BJ transfers.

all i gave them was an old picture of another aluminium O i found on here.

Attachments

• epic winter ride!! 010resized.jpg
    epic winter ride!! 010resized.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,920
  • epic winter ride!! 022resized.jpg
    epic winter ride!! 022resized.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,920
Back