DYNA-TEC pt 2

thanks guys, ill get more pictures up later in daylight, its only a dry build to work out a few things that need doing, im not happy with the paint and decals on the frame but i doubt i can get the ones on the ti tubes so if it did get redone id have to polish them and im not sure how that would look, i think ive found some dynatec decals so that can be redone,

The main tubes are "Reprotherm". It was supplied by the Metal Box Company. It is a printing process like you would have on a beer can.

The main tubes are painted, then a paper sheet with reprotherm is wrapped around. The frame is then baked in the oven, so that the dye on the paper is transfered onto the frame.

Don't try to remove it as it ususally leaves a "ghost" image even onto the bare metal.

Regards :)

Excellent triplet you have there :cool:

I'd been watching that red one for ages then forgot all about it :roll: but probably better with you anyway. Somethin' else on its way now :p Keep the pics comin' - they're sweet frames

stubb":2l76frx0 said:
well after the plans on the yellow frame seemed to take a turn for the worse, a bit of talking, ebay luck and wd40 now see me in the position the pic will show,

started stripping them hence not yet cleaned , got to wait till the weekend to get stuck in and make the decisions on what to build first,

ive also now got two sets of manitou forks gen1 and gen3 , i know but i like them so tough,

ill let the picture explain where we are now
Superb photo! Love it

Retrowes":mpnoz9fh said:
Bought my first dyna-tech last tues
That looks superb - is it just me or is the colour scheme just brilliant and doesn’t age at all

Back