East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

rc200ti":11ox74na said:
I'm just envious you were out.

On my own, in the cold dark woods :shock: :shock:

It's not much fun on my own anymore...all those lovely summer group rides have spoilt me. :(

orange71":2ht2f6p3 said:
@cherrybomb - yep - we aim to ride once a week usually a Weds evening at Ticknall, but sometimes the Pines or somewhere else. You'd be more than welcome :D

That sounds cool. Only thing is the earliest I could get there would be about 6:30

I'm away next week, but the week after would be cool. What make are these lights everyone's on about? I really need a new set, but the price of Hope lights makes my eyes cross at the thought of shelling out that much cash!

the only riding I do on my own now is commuting (3 times a week now :D :D )

Think I saw Dan the other day as we were both heading home around 5.30pm.

cherrybomb":29mgxdt5 said:
orange71":29mgxdt5 said:
@cherrybomb - yep - we aim to ride once a week usually a Weds evening at Ticknall, but sometimes the Pines or somewhere else. You'd be more than welcome :D

That sounds cool. Only thing is the earliest I could get there would be about 6:30

I'm away next week, but the week after would be cool. What make are these lights everyone's on about? I really need a new set, but the price of Hope lights makes my eyes cross at the thought of shelling out that much cash!

well now we're committed to night rides 6.30 is fine.

These are the lights:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

work out just under £50 to you door, so far mine is working just great. Takes between 2-3 weeks to arrive.

Oh, and you'll need to buy a US -> UK plug adapter (£3 off ebay) for the charger.

I'm looking forward to a group ride as well. Haven't been to the Pines for a while.
Can't wait to ride the long single track bridleway from Ticknall that runs down through the small wood , on a cold, clear night.

Cherrybomb: what part of Shropshire are you from?
Ed, Mat, everyone: Is the Long Mynd too far for a group day out?

1hr35m from Derby - no that's not too far - the only issue is the daylight now. But should be all right if we aim to arrive there not long after it's light - gives us a good few hours.

I'd be up for that. Passport permitting. As ever.

orange71":okmfryoo said:
the only riding I do on my own now is commuting (3 times a week now :D :D )

Think I saw Dan the other day as we were both heading home around 5.30pm.

He's got himself a fancy Thorn for his commute. Says it's fantastic.

Hey Rob, whats a Long Mynd? ;)

Back